Tripadvisor
Holguin
1,532 results
All reviews vip bar plus side taco bar a la cartes pizza fish lobster dinner italian restaurant deluxe section water shoes main buffet fries pool bar march break newer rooms customer relations closer to the beach
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

lovly hotel rooms were nice and clean most staff helpful butlimited english. 5 restaurant and all were good beach is very good. snorkling right off beach. lotsof sports kayaks wind sufurs ect and staff helpful deffinetly a recomend

Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank arthurs807
ManagementFAHO, Manager at Fiesta Americana Holguin Costa Verde, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Arthur

Thank you for writing to us, your comment for our daily improvement is very important, we are pleased to know that you liked our hotel, and we will let all our workers know, who will be very happy to know.
So I invite you to visit us again, to start being part of our big family, which is the Fiesta Americana Holguín Costa Verde hotel.

Kind regards
Jean Carlos-Resident Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were in Fiesta Americana for the second time. A year ago we got a room in newer buildings farther from the center. There was quiet and pleasant away from noise and music. For this reason, we chose this hotel with friends this year. Unfortunately, the situation has changed dramatically. Although I asked for a room in the rest and quieter part of the resort, the Receptionist V gave us a room over the lobby in the older building. The room was badly damaged and in the rain the water was liquid from the ceiling. From the bath also somewhere leaked water to the floor. Every evening there were performances and loud music where it was impossible to talk or sleep until 11.00 PM The food was not bad , the bars were besieged all the time, especially on weekends when the locals were passing, then eternity was waiting. Ideally, I think hilda bar worked on the beach, there has never been big queues. The internet was disastrous, a year ago everything was OK now it was thrown out money. Due to the room, noise, queues in fiesta Americana bars give only three stars and probably more here I will not come back.

Date of stay: January 2020
ManagementFAHO, Guest Relations Manager at Fiesta Americana Holguin Costa Verde, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear guest,

Firstly we thank you for contacting us to share your concerns related to your recent holiday.

We are disappointed the decor of the hotel was not to your liking. Of course, we are aware our hotel is not brand new, however our dedicated team work hard to keep it in pristine condition. Regarding the room location it will depend on the category you reserve, this time you booked Superior and last time you booked Deluxe, there is always the chance to upgrade to the Deluxe room if you decide it.

We would be delighted to welcoming you back at our hotel on your next visit to the city.

Best regards,
Customer Service

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nothing seem to work as advertised for this hotel. First there was a blackout in the whole resort which lasted for 3 hours. Second one of the legs on my bed was broken so when you sat on that end it fell to the floor. I told the front desk about it but no one came to fix it. After 3 days my in suite safe stopped working trapping my passport, my money, my laptop and camera inside. I informed the front desk and again no one came to fix it. My in suite phone did not work so I could not call the front desk and had to keep walking back and from my room to the front desk 5 times to tell them no one had come to help me out. Finally 2 1/2 hours later someone showed up and drilled the safe open. Now I had no safe to put my valuables in either. I did not expect everything to go smoothly being Cuba but I did expect the hotel to help me like they actually cared if things did not go as advertised. Very disappointed.

Room tip: All of the things in your room are not going to work as advertised
2  Thank SinghLakhbir
ManagementFAHO, Public Relations Manager at Fiesta Americana Holguin Costa Verde, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for sending us your very helpful review of your recent holiday.

We are sorry to read your stay did not live up to your expectations. We thank you for reaching out to us to notify us of your concerns and although it would appear that this was not the perfect fit for your travel party, we very much hope you will join us on your next holiday.

Best regards,
Customer Service

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Nice resort, however, I was stung by the worlds most venomous fish, ‘stone fish’ while swimming at the beach. Luckily I reached the medical centre in time and the staff were helpful. DO NOT SWIM WITHOUT WATER SHOES. Take caution near the rocks they blend in with the sand/rocks. Worst pain I’ve ever felt so please be careful. If you are stung seek medical attention immediately or the poison will spread to entire limb within minutes.

Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank wxdrlst

Dear guests

Thank you very much for taking your time to give us your opinion regarding our resort.
As usual we take into consideration all the comments that our guests post in Tripadvisor.

As the beach is a natural one, we need to respect the enviroment and leave the rocks it has. Sorry you got hurt. It is valid your recommendation of wearing water shoes.

Best regards
Public Relations

Reviewed January 14, 2020

Room: We quickly upgraded our room from the main building as it is much older and smelled musty.. to a very nice superior room! with no issues.

Food: excellent with lots of options. the Italian restaurant was excellent!

Drinks: although long wait at times.. the drink were fantastic!

Service.. Not as personable as I would have thought however Rosa was wonderful in the mornings for coffee.. the server were serving the one who seemed like regulars as they could speak the language.

Beach/activites: amazing!!!! boating and snorkeling right off shore!! was amazing!!! the beach a little rocky however.. long wait times for drinks at the bar on the beach.

entertainment lacking at night.

overall had an amazing time.. we are going back next Tuesday we loved it so much!!
see you soon Fesita Americana!!!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank natashagB6788ZY

Dear guests,

We would like first and foremost to thank you for choosing Fiesta Americana for your recent holiday. Every day is a new and exciting challenge for us based on providing our guests with a feeling of staying at another home from home.

Again, we thank you for your comments and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Regards