“Much better beaches in Cuba”
Review of Guardalavaca Beach

Guardalavaca Beach
Ranked #2 of 30 things to do in Holguin
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Is not the best beach in cuba by any means too many bars and chairs spoil it. Although the market is great.

2  Thank Alyson C

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Was Great Place. Food Was well cuba but there where so many places to eat u could always find a place to where there was something good.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We liked Everything; including the people of Cuba and the wonderful pieces of art we purchased. The beaches we nice and the water was so refreshing. It was my first time in the ocean and it was fabulous. Nothing to dislike at all.

2  Thank Cynthia R
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The bus tours to Guardalavaca stay exactly on schedule, very impressive. Unfortunately, there isn't much to do once you get there.

They have a market, but the vendors sell pretty much the same thing at the resorts, and for the same prices. We were done in 20 minutes, and had an hour and a half to kill before the return bus ride back to the resort.

The beach is beautiful. You can buy a beer for 1 peso. A tiny mohito was 2 pesos. The big cost was the bathroom. It cost 1 peso to use the bathroom. An old man rips off a strip of toilet paper wrapped around his dirty hands, gives it to you, and you go into the most disgusting bathroom ever. The bathroom door doesn't latch, and the old man stands outside the door. When you come out, you wash your hands in a drizzel that continually flows into a dirty sink. You quickly learn to stop drinking so that you don't have to use the washroom again.

While waiting for the bus, you are approached by people for handouts, and it's hard to give to everyone.

I wish we had stayed on the resort.

1  Thank Cheryl and Del D
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I booked with the thescubaplace in the UK before we traveled out to Cuba as I have a medical pre existing condition and there was some paperwork to put in place before I could dive.

John Spence of the Scuba Place we very good and assisted me in getting my diving package arranged and everything put in place. We did have a few minor problems when there but the Scuba Place were very effective in sorting this out and when we got back the outstanding issues were also sorted out. I would defiantly use them again for a diving package and Guardalvaca Cuba is a good spot to dive we really enjoyed it.

1  Thank David C