“Beautiful beach, but cheaper to stay at your resort”
Review of Guardalavaca Beach

Guardalavaca Beach
Ranked #2 of 30 things to do in Holguin
Toronto
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Beautiful beach, but cheaper to stay at your resort”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The bus tours to Guardalavaca stay exactly on schedule, very impressive. Unfortunately, there isn't much to do once you get there.

They have a market, but the vendors sell pretty much the same thing at the resorts, and for the same prices. We were done in 20 minutes, and had an hour and a half to kill before the return bus ride back to the resort.

The beach is beautiful. You can buy a beer for 1 peso. A tiny mohito was 2 pesos. The big cost was the bathroom. It cost 1 peso to use the bathroom. An old man rips off a strip of toilet paper wrapped around his dirty hands, gives it to you, and you go into the most disgusting bathroom ever. The bathroom door doesn't latch, and the old man stands outside the door. When you come out, you wash your hands in a drizzel that continually flows into a dirty sink. You quickly learn to stop drinking so that you don't have to use the washroom again.

While waiting for the bus, you are approached by people for handouts, and it's hard to give to everyone.

I wish we had stayed on the resort.

1 Thank Cheryl and Del D

• Polish first
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Scuba Diving in Guardalavaca”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I booked with the thescubaplace in the UK before we traveled out to Cuba as I have a medical pre existing condition and there was some paperwork to put in place before I could dive.

John Spence of the Scuba Place we very good and assisted me in getting my diving package arranged and everything put in place. We did have a few minor problems when there but the Scuba Place were very effective in sorting this out and when we got back the outstanding issues were also sorted out. I would defiantly use them again for a diving package and Guardalvaca Cuba is a good spot to dive we really enjoyed it.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank David C
London
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Lovely calm sea!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

White sandy beach with calm, see-through water. Excellent place for a swim with a market right next to it and a couple of bars nearby too.

Visited February 2013
Toronto, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Shopping!!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

So many stalls for you to buy stuff from, the beach is right there as well. I took a bus from my hotel Blau Costa Verde and it took 10 mins to get there and I shopped so much.

3 Thank Chansy_Gurl
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Lovely lively beach”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Nice, lively atmosphere, live music, local stools for arts and crafts, we had our picture drawn whilst being serenaded by live music!

1 Thank andy b