We booked this trip last minute with the assistance of Destiny Travel and Jessica's expert travel advice. This was my first trip to Cuba and chose it because it was just for myself, my daughter, sister her friend and a friend, her husband and two preschool children and we just wanted to get away from the cold. I read a lot of reviews some really good other not so good. We travel a lot and Cuba was never really on my list of places I wanted to see, but now we can't wait to go back. This resort was excellent, very clean, well laid out and the food was awesome. Always fresh, hot and the A la Cartes were all very good. We booked them for 6:30 so we could fall back on the buffet if they weren't good. There was a 24 hour snack bar that had really good burgers and warm sandwiches. The cappuccinos were to die for. The staff were excellent, always very polite and helpful. The pools were always very clean and the beach had a few rocks but very nice the water was beautiful. Very pleased that the paddle boats and watercraft were included
in the price and there was no one peddling on the beach. We always were able to find shade. I can not wait to go back and take the rest of my family. We took a horse and buggy ride into the town and it was very nice to meet some of the locals and see their homes, schools, church and stores. Such happy peaceful people who have so little but are so content. The resort was very safe. Short walk to the beach and pools. We were in the 19th block. Our room was very spacious huge bathroom and very clean. Stocked bar fridge. Always fresh cold water. Very quiet and safe they have guards at night. Well worth the hour drive from the airport. For all those negative reviews I think they must have had the wrong resort because I would have to say it was above and beyond my expectations. We did have the plus service and was able to use the VIP lounge which was very nice. Bring face clothes and a bath sponge. Great resort for children, but have a lot of places adults can get away to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort is located on the seafront next to the fine white sandy beach of Playa Pesquero in eastern Cuba. Our Holguin resort is surrounded by luscious tropical vegetation. At Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort the natural environment is fully incorporated into the resort. Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort offers spectacular views from our rooms over 36 000 m2 of gardens and natural vegetation. Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort offers (with extra charge): Souvenir shops. Car and moped rental. Taxi service. Parking. Laundry service. Medical services: nursing service in the hotel and medical visits on request. Bureau de change in reception. Massage services. Hairdressers. Special dinner. Weddings. Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort ALL INCLUSIVE: Breakfast, lunch and buffet dinner. 2 á la carte restaurants per week, reservations are required. *Dress code long trousers. Local beverages and select international brands. Non-motor water sports. Sporting activities: volleyball, basketball, tennis, aerobics and snorkelling, daytime and evening entertainment programme including Spanish lessons, dance classes, and nightly shows. Minibar. Teatime. Discotheque. Fitness Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blau Costa Verde Beach Hotel Holguin
- Blau Costa Verde Cuba
- Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort Cuba/Holguin