We spent a week at this resort in December and found it very enjoyable and good value overall. upon arrival we decided to upgrade to the newer section Plus and didn't regret the decision. Rooms in the older section look clean and ok too, but a bit outdated and with older bathrooms. Plus section rooms are new and have all basic amenities you would wish for in the resort. Grounds of the resort are medim sized and it is easy to get from one side to another in short 5 min. walk. Beach is lovely with lots of spots for shade and rocky shore near by making it a nice snorkelling spot. I would recommend water shoes is you are sensitive to the rocks in the water, although there are areas where you can get in without using them. Food in all restaurants was good with lots of variety. There was an amazing Gala dinner set up for Christmas which added festive atmosphere. We tried all specialty restaurants (staying in the Plus section gives you this option). Spanish was my least favourite with Cuban and lobster dinner the most favourite. I found buffet one pretty good too. Entertainment was there for those who wished to participate and nightly shows were good (some better then others).
Kids club wasn't really entertaining for kids over 6.
In summary, the resort is nice but don't expect luxury. Service is great and people are very friendly and helpful. Would go back during the weeks when prices are good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort is located on the seafront next to the fine white sandy beach of Playa Pesquero in eastern Cuba. Our Holguin resort is surrounded by luscious tropical vegetation. At Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort the natural environment is fully incorporated into the resort. Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort offers spectacular views from our rooms over 36 000 m2 of gardens and natural vegetation. Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort offers (with extra charge): Souvenir shops. Car and moped rental. Taxi service. Parking. Laundry service. Medical services: nursing service in the hotel and medical visits on request. Bureau de change in reception. Massage services. Hairdressers. Special dinner. Weddings. Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort ALL INCLUSIVE: Breakfast, lunch and buffet dinner. 2 á la carte restaurants per week, reservations are required. *Dress code long trousers. Local beverages and select international brands. Non-motor water sports. Sporting activities: volleyball, basketball, tennis, aerobics and snorkelling, daytime and evening entertainment programme including Spanish lessons, dance classes, and nightly shows. Minibar. Teatime. Discotheque. Fitness Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick so you can book your Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blau Costa Verde Beach Hotel Holguin
- Blau Costa Verde Cuba
- Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort Cuba/Holguin