First off, people need to cool their jets. Blau is an amazing resort in Cuba (coming from someone who has seen other resorts). You can't go to a three star resort in Cuba and expect to see a five star mexican resort with people carrying you around like a goddess.
I'm giving you an honest review.
The best part, I went on reading week and it was not over crowded. Some resorts pack a TON of guests in and your experience is annoying because it is so busy.
Due to all the activities and restaurants, Blau was busy but NEVER crowded.
There is no struggle to get beach chair because they have staff there, with a stack of beach chairs, that you simply walk up to and tell them where you want to sit and they bring you chairs there.
They have free snorkelling, disco (excellent music), salsa lessons, bingo, beach volleyball, bochee ball, which some are awarded prizes before the beginning of their evening shows.
Their shows are hilarious and entertaining. The staff is super helpful and friendly. One named Leo saw me sitting in the lounge with my legs burnt and he brought me his personal Aloe Vera because the store was now closed.
I also visited the doctor for my burn and she was super helpful for I was seen as soon as I walked in and given lotion.
The maids stalk your fridge with beer, and water every day (which is great). The buffet has a lot of options and they always have a different theme.
If you tip the gardner, he will bring you a coconut with the top cut off so you can enjoy come fresh coconut water.
The rooms were always cleaned well and when you arrive, you might not think you have power in your room but you have to put your room key in the slot next to the lights for your room to have power.
I had an allergic reaction when I was at Blau (I am allergic to dairy and I wasn't being careful enough) and the doctor came to my room at 4:30 a.m. and the front desk called my room every few minutes to make sure I stayed awake till he arrived. Super efficient and super helpful.
What ever you need the staff will get it for you, and if you are worried about the food you have options, the surf and turf down by the beach, the snack bar with burgers and fries, or the italian restaurant that is open for lunch with calzones, pizza, or pasta (I got my pizza without cheese). The buffet also has a grill section, and steamed rice (I lived off these two items). They have an excellent salad bar, and often had delicious sandwich meats.
For breakfast the omelet bar and the fruit were amazing.
The rooms were spacious, but the beds were a little hard (more like not really broken in).
Our shower was a little different. It had the removable shower head where you could take it off the stand and use it. Something I wasn't use to.
Every room has a balcony which was awesome.
The coffee and expresso was awesome (I take mine black).
There were a lot of young people there (20+) and a lot of older folks who loved to party with us. It was a great atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort is located on the seafront next to the fine white sandy beach of Playa Pesquero in eastern Cuba. Our Holguin resort is surrounded by luscious tropical vegetation. At Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort the natural environment is fully incorporated into the resort. Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort offers spectacular views from our rooms over 36 000 m2 of gardens and natural vegetation. Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort offers (with extra charge): Souvenir shops. Car and moped rental. Taxi service. Parking. Laundry service. Medical services: nursing service in the hotel and medical visits on request. Bureau de change in reception. Massage services. Hairdressers. Special dinner. Weddings. Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort ALL INCLUSIVE: Breakfast, lunch and buffet dinner. 2 á la carte restaurants per week, reservations are required. *Dress code long trousers. Local beverages and select international brands. Non-motor water sports. Sporting activities: volleyball, basketball, tennis, aerobics and snorkelling, daytime and evening entertainment programme including Spanish lessons, dance classes, and nightly shows. Minibar. Teatime. Discotheque. Fitness Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blau Costa Verde Beach Hotel Holguin
- Blau Costa Verde Cuba
- Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort Cuba/Holguin