What a fab hotel.
We were made to feel welcome from the start.
As people have said before this is not a 5 star by world standards but cuban so bear this in mind. It is just a little rough around the edges. Saying that it was of our best ever holidays and felt like king and queen.
There is not a lot we can fault with it. We had a couple of problems with lighting in room but a phone call and 30 mins later and it was sorted. No messing around.
The pool was lovely and dont forget to go and find the other three beaches. One by the spa, one just past the entrance to the royal and the second which has a bar there just past that agian.
The food was fab. Typical buffet problems with some stuff being a bit cold but you have got to expect that from any buffet service. but the choice was extensive and in general the quality was superb.
I have never eaten so much lobster in my life. Oh and champers and salmon for breakky :):)
As for the Resturants.
The International is lovely but could be just a bit better.
The Cuban was lovely
The med was fantastic
The Japanise was fabulous (Chinese though not japanise)
Make sure you get a show table in there as you can try everything then and take your camera.
Don't forget this is just our view. Different people we met like each one better that the other. They were all superb!!!
The one that did shine though with everyone was the jap with the show table.
Night Life. It is ok but just caberat. Nothing after. No background music nothing, There is the karaoke bar but is very small and stupidly loud.
There are loads of activities which we will get to in a min.
There is no music at all by the pool. Apparently this is because the germans don't like it?
Well there are not that many germans there mainly canadians and then english so please hotel manager sort that one out. As Basil Faulty would say don't mention the war ;)
As for the rest well....
All included... Archery, Air Rifle shooting, Sailing, Volleyball, Tennis, Badminton, Pool, Water polo, Horse Riding, Kayaks, Snorkels,mask and fins, all included at no cost, some events are run at certain times of the day.
Oh and get this... DIVING IS INCLUDED!!!!!!! yeap!!! if you are a qualified diver it is free. There are 15 mt and 30 mt dives. All BCD, AIR, REGS, FINS, MASKS, SNORKEL, WIEGHTS the lot; Jst make sure you take you certs.
They also do a pool dive and if you get on with it ok they will take you out on a 3 mt trial dive.
have never been anywhere before where full diving is included in a resort.
Wel we did not bother with much but done the speed boats which were ok and Havana
Havana. For gods sake DO NOT do the day trip one it would be horrible!!! stupidly long day with 2 flights.
We done the 2 day trip with the Tropicana show.
I was not keen on the show but that is a bloke thing the WIFE!!!! loved it.
New Havana is a fasinating place was not sure what to expect but after coming to terms with the fact that it has been basically abandoned for 50 years.. ummm. there are some very untidy parts all over. It is a real eye opener to how lucky we are!!!
Old havana on the other hand is fabulous.
If you get taken to the havana club rum museum/factory make sure you try one of there cocktails that consist of rum, orange and freshly crushed suger cane they are to die for.
And the cars!!!! OMG!!!!
The Hotel though is not like the resort. Cuba has a rep for naff food compared to what we are used to and yeap the hotol trip food was naff.
The resturants we were taken to though were lovely.
Also take loo roll and water.
Back to the hotel in paradisus I cannot thank oz and jo enough from the entertainment team. They were stars as were all the staff but they really shone for me!
Also cuba is the only place I have ever been were we would be happy to just go for a wander a 3 in the morning off site and not worry if we got lost off complex. Even my other half felt so safe there and said she would be happy to go for a walk anywhere on or off restort at any time.
Get a horse and cart up the guadalavaca to, it was a fun few hours and well worth the pesos that the driver charges.
Would we go back....
Never say never.
We tend to never go back to the same place twice but this is one hotel that is on the top of the yes list if we ever went to cuba again ot definatly be here.
I have read the review just below going on about tipping????????
Ummm!!!! Sorry to say we did not have that problem at all.
It did not matter. We did not feel we had too.
We did get asked on 3 occasions if we could change a pound coin to a peso. Clearly given by someone who had just arrived. We had no problem with this and could understand that a pound coin was as about as much good as a chocolate teapot to a cuban just like any other currenency such as the canadian doller!!!
When I asked one of the staff who had looked after us really well what they would prefer. I offered pesos or all our old used shampoos soaps and shaving stuff etc they choose the stuff not the money. They cannot get hold of them to easy.
In a nut shell. If you feel you HAVE to tip your paranode
All that is left to say is
WOW!!!! B A G
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Bahia de Naranjo Natural Park, in Playa Esmeralda, on the northern coast of Holguin province. Five-Star Ultra All Inclusive Eco-Resort with 354 rooms. Conceived only for adults aged 18 years or more. Maximum comfort and perfection in its private Royal Service area for a fabulous experience in a world apart. Recommended for weddings, honeymoons, incentive trips and wellness/spa. Guest Rooms 354 rooms: 254 Junior Suites, 24 Luxury Junior Suites, 16 Luxury Junior Suites Ocean View, 2 Suites Deluxe, 36 Master Junior Suites Royal Service, 14 Master Junior Suites Ocean View Royal Service, 6 Master Junior Suites Luxury Royal Service, 2 Garden Villas Royal Service. Dining: 8 Restaurants (A la Carte, Buffet), 5 Bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Evoline ltd and Prestigia so you can book your Paradisus Rio de Oro Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort And Spa
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Hotel Holguin
- Paradisus Hotel Guardalavaca
- Rio De Oro Paradisus
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Cuba
- Hotel Paradisus Rio De Oro
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort & Spa Cuba/Holguin