I will not repeat all the good things about this resort - just record that we had an excellent holiday in a good friendly hotel with idyllic beach. A few points to make your holiday better: take your own snorkel, it was very difficult to borrow one from the activity centre even at 8 am, as they never seem to be returned. We managed one in 14 days.
Take trips: the pony and trap to Guadalavaca was a nice gentle introduction, but ask to see the village as well as the market. Full day trip to Santiago was amazing with our excellent courier Mercedes, but we were told it was something of a disappointment to those who had previously visited Havana. Day long jeep, riding, speedboat trip was the most thrilling. I am glad we chose to be "chauffeured" as to drive ourselves along the cart tracks would have been too exhausting. Again, our courier George was brilliant - friendly and informative. The large catamaran trip had excellent snorkeling but was marred for us by blaring pop music on the coach and even worse on the catamaran. Only for the last half hour sailing was this turned off. The teenagers on board enjoyed it but we had expected more of a eco-tour, just the sound of the wind and the waves and we hoped another informative courier. Unfortunately we were told almost nothing about the coast or the marine life. I dont know if all the caramarans are run as a floating disco but if you dont want this then I suggest you check.
I would definitely recommend this wonderful resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Bahia de Naranjo Natural Park, in Playa Esmeralda, on the northern coast of Holguin province. Five-Star Ultra All Inclusive Eco-Resort with 354 rooms. Conceived only for adults aged 18 years or more. Maximum comfort and perfection in its private Royal Service area for a fabulous experience in a world apart. Recommended for weddings, honeymoons, incentive trips and wellness/spa. Guest Rooms 354 rooms: 254 Junior Suites, 24 Luxury Junior Suites, 16 Luxury Junior Suites Ocean View, 2 Suites Deluxe, 36 Master Junior Suites Royal Service, 14 Master Junior Suites Ocean View Royal Service, 6 Master Junior Suites Luxury Royal Service, 2 Garden Villas Royal Service. Dining: 8 Restaurants (A la Carte, Buffet), 5 Bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Prestigia, Booking.com and Prodigios Interactivos SA so you can book your Paradisus Rio de Oro Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort And Spa
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Hotel Holguin
- Paradisus Hotel Guardalavaca
- Rio De Oro Paradisus
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Cuba
- Hotel Paradisus Rio De Oro
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort & Spa Cuba/Holguin