Myself, my wife and our 23 months old daughter just came back from the pardisus after spending one week (July 30 to Aug 6) and I have to say that the resort exceed my expectations by miles.
First I have to say that it is a 5 stars by the Cuban scale and we have to accept that. It is not the Ritz Carlton and we did not pay for the Ritz Carlton too.
I will start with the flight with Sky service which was very nice and the flight attendants were amazing too. We arrived to the airport and as I was expecting it, small and not air conditioned but who cares we are not staying there. We went through customs in about 20 min and on our way to the resort we were in an air conditioned bus with a very very nice and smiley tour guide (Angle was his name). At the resort we were greeted with very nice and cold cocktails while we were doing our check in. Some of the rooms were not available but ours were and we got a very nice room in building 39 which was in the middle way between the restaurants and the pool. The room was very clean and I mean it very clean and the AC was very cool and again I mean it very cool. We requested a Crib for my daughter by email and it was there in about half an hour after our arrival. The mini bar was stocked with water, pop and beer. We have enough towels for three of us and I’m not sure why some people complained about the hot water pressure in the hotel as it was even better that what I have in my house in Canada.
Now to the pool and the beach, you cannot find a better place to spend your vacation than the pool there or on the beach. The beach is long, white sand and again I do not know why people complained about not being able to find chairs on the beach or on the pool as we were able to get the chairs we want where we want at any time of the day.
Let’s talk about the food, I was little bit hesitant to go to Cuba with my daughter in here age but let me tell you that she loved their Pizza more than the one from Pizza Pizza. You will never go hungry in that place and believe me when I say it that sometimes you will stop eating to prepare yourself to the next meal. About the a la cart restaurant I would not bother about the Cuban one but for sure the Japanese as we had a wonderful time there with Juan and his tricks in cooking.
I could go for hours talking about the Pardisus but all what I can say that you will get more than you money worth and you will enjoy it if you take into consideration that you’re in Cuba and not in the Ritz Carlton in downtown Toronto.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Bahia de Naranjo Natural Park, in Playa Esmeralda, on the northern coast of Holguin province. Five-Star Ultra All Inclusive Eco-Resort with 354 rooms. Conceived only for adults aged 18 years or more. Maximum comfort and perfection in its private Royal Service area for a fabulous experience in a world apart. Recommended for weddings, honeymoons, incentive trips and wellness/spa. Guest Rooms 354 rooms: 254 Junior Suites, 24 Luxury Junior Suites, 16 Luxury Junior Suites Ocean View, 2 Suites Deluxe, 36 Master Junior Suites Royal Service, 14 Master Junior Suites Ocean View Royal Service, 6 Master Junior Suites Luxury Royal Service, 2 Garden Villas Royal Service. Dining: 8 Restaurants (A la Carte, Buffet), 5 Bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Prestigia, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Booking.com and Prodigios Interactivos SA so you can book your Paradisus Rio de Oro Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort And Spa
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Hotel Holguin
- Paradisus Hotel Guardalavaca
- Rio De Oro Paradisus
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Cuba
- Hotel Paradisus Rio De Oro
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort & Spa Cuba/Holguin