Booked with Thomas Cook,flights both ways were fine apart from the return entertainment in SPANISH, a complementary drink in no way compensates on a 9 hour 30 min flight.
.Weve been to Cuba 15 times to various resorts and this is by far the best hotel weve been to,the food was brill in the buffet & even better in the a la carte's but you dont need to bother with them.Our room was spacious with plenty of hanging & storage space (room 3526) & half way between the beach & lobby,ideal.
The shower was 'nt very powerful but ok & the bed was a bit too hard for my liking & the plastic undersheet made me sweat.
The grounds are pristine with no sign of litter & i saw guests pick up cups/straws on the beach out of respect for how clean it was.The beach was a bit cramped & the palapas(umbrellas) were too close together,it was half full at most during our 2 weeks so it would really be too cramped when full but there 's no room to expand because of the swamp(smelly if the winds in the wrong direction but mostly it was'nt) The snorkling is brill but its a pain having a tiny path at one end of the beach to get into/out of the sea through the rocks.The pool is being closed soon (july) for repainting so be aware,the beach could get a lot more crowded.Having toilets right on the baech was a big plus for this hotel too.
The staff were brilliant everywhere you went,not one of them offered me booze/cigars/coffee etc which made a nice change, i think the tips they get for their brilliant service means they don't have to.The lobby bar was really well stocked with tipples i've never seen in Cuba before & best of all it was bottled mixers not those vile wunderbar syrup/water mixers.Even the beach bar was well stocked and you could get a coffee at any bar or restaurant which pleased my wife.The beach & pool restaurants were both very good & saved a long walk to the buffet .
I know this hotel is £400/ £500 more than most of the other packages but you do get what you pay for & more & it is our 40th wedding anniversary, not sure i'd shell out another £800pp for the royal service though because we like our space.I did notice that the hotel shop prices are more expensive than the norm by about 4 cuc's per 1 litre bottle compared to airport prices.
Iknow its a lot but its worth it, no children trashing the pool tables or running riot,luxury & all 3 pool tables were immaculate & free DO IT BOOK NOW.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Bahia de Naranjo Natural Park, in Playa Esmeralda, on the northern coast of Holguin province. Five-Star Ultra All Inclusive Eco-Resort with 354 rooms. Conceived only for adults aged 18 years or more. Maximum comfort and perfection in its private Royal Service area for a fabulous experience in a world apart. Recommended for weddings, honeymoons, incentive trips and wellness/spa. Guest Rooms 354 rooms: 254 Junior Suites, 24 Luxury Junior Suites, 16 Luxury Junior Suites Ocean View, 2 Suites Deluxe, 36 Master Junior Suites Royal Service, 14 Master Junior Suites Ocean View Royal Service, 6 Master Junior Suites Luxury Royal Service, 2 Garden Villas Royal Service. Dining: 8 Restaurants (A la Carte, Buffet), 5 Bars. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Hotel Holguin
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort And Spa
- Paradisus Hotel Guardalavaca
- Rio De Oro Paradisus
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Cuba
- Hotel Paradisus Rio De Oro
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort & Spa Cuba/Holguin