This was my first time staying at Paradisus but my forth stay in Holguin. I love Holguin; its hills, beautiful waters abound with sea life, its pastoral lands and its kind-hearted people. Staying at the Paridisus further added to the area's magnificence. The rooms are spacious and well decorated. The hotel grounds are far better tended than any other place in Cuba. As for the nightly entertainment, every night wonderful evening music beautifully resonates throughout the resort's spectacular lobby. Very romantic indeed!
What is lacking at the resort is a good beach and cabanas. Guest pack in like sardines to catch the limited available shade. Behind them is a bird-croaking pungent smelling swamp/lagoon, in front a rock-prohibiting shoreline. The adjacent cheaper hotel, Luna y Mares has a far better beach and array of cabanas and beautiful palm trees. My suggestion is load up on drinks and food from the Paridisus and find a spot at the Luna y Mares to spend the day. Not sure why the Paridisus doesn't improve its beach. Maybe, due to embargos there is a shortage of palm leaves for building grass huts. I would also suggest going to Luna y Mares if you are a beach volleyball player, as the courts at Paridisus are far away from the water and have little exposure to any breeze or shade to cool you off. Actually, I could not recommend this hotel if you are looking at doing any sports other than yoga. They do have a couple of windsurfers and kayaks but no SUPs. If you are a jogger, the road out to the main highway is fantastic! Well paved and surrounded by breath taking scenery.
As for the food, I am married to a certified "super taster" so any food in Cuba is Cuban food. We always lose weight on these trips, which is a good thing.Cannot image why anyone would say that the Paridisus food is better than what is available at other 4+ star resorts in Cuba;especially since the Cuban government is responsible for all food purchasing. By the way most of the seafood and fish is imported e.g. China.
Please do not let any of the above comments deter you from going to the Paradisus. We were so happy with the resort that my wife and I plan to return in November. Watch out for us as, since returning, we have been enrolled in Salsa dancing lessons!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Bahia de Naranjo Natural Park, in Playa Esmeralda, on the northern coast of Holguin province. Five-Star Ultra All Inclusive Eco-Resort with 354 rooms. Conceived only for adults aged 18 years or more. Maximum comfort and perfection in its private Royal Service area for a fabulous experience in a world apart. Recommended for weddings, honeymoons, incentive trips and wellness/spa. Guest Rooms 354 rooms: 254 Junior Suites, 24 Luxury Junior Suites, 16 Luxury Junior Suites Ocean View, 2 Suites Deluxe, 36 Master Junior Suites Royal Service, 14 Master Junior Suites Ocean View Royal Service, 6 Master Junior Suites Luxury Royal Service, 2 Garden Villas Royal Service. Dining: 8 Restaurants (A la Carte, Buffet), 5 Bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Cancelon, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Prestigia and Evoline ltd so you can book your Paradisus Rio de Oro Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Hotel Holguin
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort And Spa
- Paradisus Hotel Guardalavaca
- Rio De Oro Paradisus
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Cuba
- Hotel Paradisus Rio De Oro
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort & Spa Cuba/Holguin