We stayed for two wonderful weeks in Royal Service from 4 Oct. All the reviews are totally correct this place is beautiful calm and elegant. The main hotel is a lot more lively and probably more appealing to younger couples.
I will not repeat what everyone has already said but would like to point out to the management a few areas which perhaps things could be improved upon. We were located in the 9000's right at the far end of RS. On several occasions when we needed to get a buggy down to the main hotel which was quite a distance we would telephone reception. They usually took a good ten minutes to arrive however one evening it took three calls from us and then our butler using his walkie talkie to get hold of the main hotel buggies to come up to RS to collect us. This left us over 40 minutes late for our table at the Mediterranean restaurant which they only hold for 15 minutes. We then got placed at a very dark table by the door and received a very poor quality frozen grey spongy cod main course and not great service, I also had a similar grey smelly frozen salmon meal in El Patio. I do not understand why fresh local fish is not being used in the restaurants. The lobster however is to die for and the Japanese and RS restaurants were terrific.
I must confess to liking my white wine and found the hotel wine to be very raw and sour and this really needs to be addressed especially in the RS bar & restaurant given the price of the holiday.
The public areas are very hot and humid in the evenings at this time of year and could really do with some fans in the bar and reception areas. My husband also found the wearing of trousers every evening a bit of a chore and felt that the main hotels buffet restaurant which is not air conditioned could sensibly accept a smart shorts policy.
My final niggle was at the Spa beach when we had paid for a day of treatments at the Spa only to find all the sun/Bali beds and shades being used by the main hotel guests. We struggled to drag a couple of sun beds under some trees to get a little shade. We had planned on enjoying our spa lunch on the beach but felt it was a little bit of a disappointment to what is a truly a beautiful spa facility for the beach to be chocker block with non spa people when paying out nearly £100 for the privilege.
All the above did not spoil our stay at the Paridisus at all and are only mentioned so that staff and management are aware. We would love to return to this heaven in a heart beat, the only trouble is Thomas Cook flights are terrible, paid nearly £400 in seat upgrades to have no toilet in premium going out, no television service coming back. My husband was asked to move his seat to a seat that had its tray screwed to its shortest position so he couldn't put it down over his stomach. This was due to TC mucking up another couples seat booking. The staff were unprofessional and indiscreet talking about passengers and banging the storage cupboards so hard you could not even attempt to sleep and the food is criminal. The Thomas Cook flight was branded as in "in style" !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Bahia de Naranjo Natural Park, in Playa Esmeralda, on the northern coast of Holguin province. Five-Star Ultra All Inclusive Eco-Resort with 354 rooms. Conceived only for adults aged 18 years or more. Maximum comfort and perfection in its private Royal Service area for a fabulous experience in a world apart. Recommended for weddings, honeymoons, incentive trips and wellness/spa. Guest Rooms 354 rooms: 254 Junior Suites, 24 Luxury Junior Suites, 16 Luxury Junior Suites Ocean View, 2 Suites Deluxe, 36 Master Junior Suites Royal Service, 14 Master Junior Suites Ocean View Royal Service, 6 Master Junior Suites Luxury Royal Service, 2 Garden Villas Royal Service. Dining: 8 Restaurants (A la Carte, Buffet), 5 Bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Cancelon, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Prestigia and Evoline ltd so you can book your Paradisus Rio de Oro Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Hotel Holguin
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort And Spa
- Paradisus Hotel Guardalavaca
- Rio De Oro Paradisus
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Cuba
- Hotel Paradisus Rio De Oro
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort & Spa Cuba/Holguin