This was our first visit to this resort so decided to go all the way and book the RS part. We were not disappointed!
To be fair we found very little to fault at this hotel apart from the dreaded reserving sun loungers round the pool. Food was the best we have found in cuba, service ALWAYS with a smile and prompt. Scenery is breath-taking not to mention the beaches (although not our favourite beach, all the little caves in and around the RS beach, secret beach and spa beach are fascinating). Round the pool you are served fruit skewers and canapés before lunch. They also did this little routine at the rs beach but not the spa or secret beach.
Rooms were light and spacious, beds very comfortable. We were lucky enough to have an ocean view room and to hear the ocean during the evening; early morning whilst drinking your coffee was really relaxing. The wardrobe wasn't floor length however so if you have long dresses you will either have to fidget with the hangers which was easy enough or hang them in half, no big deal. No paying for the safe either.
The RS restaurant was wonderful as was the El Patio in the main resort followed by the Japanese. We didn't rate the Mediterranean to be honest and can't comment on the Cuban as we cancelled our reservation due to it being outdoors (was frightened of getting bit to shreds from mozzies as usual but this year I had hardly any!).
The spa was wonderful (heads up to Rolando who was absolutely great all day, from getting us drinks all day to giving us our foot bath/massage). Loved it, slight maintenance needed to the pool AND get there early if you want a bed in the shade cause they get reserved early by non spa quests.
We did visit the main pool but to be honest it could do with some maintenance but it was usable. Plenty of shade and beds to be had. Pool bar service great!
We enjoyed a few games of pool but after that we went back up the hill as the entertainment was so loud you couldn't really converse without shouting. Bar tenders were very attentive and remembered us even after one night - we didn't return again to the main bar for a few nights - drinks were on the bar waiting with a smile (and no we were not big tippers!) For the staff and service alone I can see why people return year on year.
We spoiled ourselves with RS and can certainly see the difference between the main and RS. I would go back BUT to the RS because it was an experience that I doubt the main resort could rival. Saying that I would have been more than happy with the main resort had we been there too.
Fab place, you won't regret booking. There is far too much to cover! Norma was a fab manager and we were lucky enough to meet her as well as the food and drink manager.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Bahia de Naranjo Natural Park, in Playa Esmeralda, on the northern coast of Holguin province. Five-Star Ultra All Inclusive Eco-Resort with 354 rooms. Conceived only for adults aged 18 years or more. Maximum comfort and perfection in its private Royal Service area for a fabulous experience in a world apart. Recommended for weddings, honeymoons, incentive trips and wellness/spa. Guest Rooms 354 rooms: 254 Junior Suites, 24 Luxury Junior Suites, 16 Luxury Junior Suites Ocean View, 2 Suites Deluxe, 36 Master Junior Suites Royal Service, 14 Master Junior Suites Ocean View Royal Service, 6 Master Junior Suites Luxury Royal Service, 2 Garden Villas Royal Service. Dining: 8 Restaurants (A la Carte, Buffet), 5 Bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Prestigia, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Booking.com so you can book your Paradisus Rio de Oro Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort And Spa
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Hotel Holguin
- Paradisus Hotel Guardalavaca
- Rio De Oro Paradisus
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Cuba
- Hotel Paradisus Rio De Oro
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort & Spa Cuba/Holguin