we've just returned from our one week at paradisus de oro. Prior to booking I researched a lot and read many comments and viewed many pictures. we decided to go with paradisus rio de oro because we were looking to truly relax with no kids around and enjoy a lauxry service. we did debate to try the royal service however decided since it is our first time and the hotel ranking is very good as it is we will go with something basic, and we never looked back! we had an amazing experience and did not feel it wasnt luxurious as it is. the hotel was at about 56% and didnt feel busy at all, very relaxing. it was quiet and the majority of people were in their later 40s 50s so if youre looking to party, get drunk it is not the place. we are both in our 20s and 30s and if you are looking for a relaxing vacation a true paradise it is a great place. there are still many young couples everyones very nice!
from our room to customer service, room service, food, spa and entertainment everything was great! no complaints at all! we've met people that it was their first time in cuba to people that traveled many places in cuba and people that just keep coming back to this resort over and over and the general impression was that we have made the best choice staying at paradisus!
we did take 2 different excursions outside to see both city of Holguin and countryside and another very informative trip to see some archiological sites native indian villages, fishermans town where we got to meet locals visit their houses and see their farms and local flea markets. truely worth it!
the spa at the resort was amazing! if you have extra money to spend and you want to relax even more that is the place to go! looks even more dreamy than the rest of the amazing resort and the massages were amazing! privet beach, amazing views, full day use of all spa facilities and a butler services was so quiet and luxurious! we even went back there for a second time!
i see people complain about some parts of the resort and restaurants being too hot but you are coming to Cuba and its hot! so nothing to complain about you make a decision to go to a hot place so it is to be expected! yes air conditioning would be nice but it did not ruin our vacation a bit! for people who consider ROYAL SERVICE, we did have a lunch during our spa day there and got to see the place. the one extra restaurant they have there was the best food but generally if you are looking to spend your money somewhere else i would not upgrade to royal service.. if you are young keep in mind the royal service was even more quiet and looked a little boring to us. no swim up bar in the pool and the pool looked too small and boring however their pool had an amazing view!
VERY important tip! to end your vacation, book a VIP lounge at the airport! it is 25pesos or 20 per person and it will be the best choice you have made! you book it with your representitive once you get to the resort for example with sunwing rep. once all buses arrive the airport it is a zoo! its hot lines are out of control to check in go through customs and we had 3 hr wait for our flight. we had priority in every aspect! it took us 5 minutes and we were done sitting in air conditioned lounge with all you can eat and drink(alcoholic drinks) best investment EVER!
on your way back keep in mind we had 1KG over weight! and we had to pay 20pesos! we probably had space in our carryon to move it around but it was a zoo at the counter so we didnt but just keep in mind coming in they will not charge you if u have one kg overweight but coming back they will!
overall 10/10 experience and we would go back! could not hope for a better vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Bahia de Naranjo Natural Park, in Playa Esmeralda, on the northern coast of Holguin province. Five-Star Ultra All Inclusive Eco-Resort with 354 rooms. Conceived only for adults aged 18 years or more. Maximum comfort and perfection in its private Royal Service area for a fabulous experience in a world apart. Recommended for weddings, honeymoons, incentive trips and wellness/spa. Guest Rooms 354 rooms: 254 Junior Suites, 24 Luxury Junior Suites, 16 Luxury Junior Suites Ocean View, 2 Suites Deluxe, 36 Master Junior Suites Royal Service, 14 Master Junior Suites Ocean View Royal Service, 6 Master Junior Suites Luxury Royal Service, 2 Garden Villas Royal Service. Dining: 8 Restaurants (A la Carte, Buffet), 5 Bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Prodigios Interactivos SA and Prestigia so you can book your Paradisus Rio de Oro Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort And Spa
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Hotel Holguin
- Paradisus Hotel Guardalavaca
- Rio De Oro Paradisus
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Cuba
- Hotel Paradisus Rio De Oro
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort & Spa Cuba/Holguin