Myself and my partner have just returned from a wonderfull two weeks spent at this friendly and idealic hotel. We travelled out as a group of ten people, On arrival we were blown away by the open plan foyer with its lovely ponds and sculptures and comfortable seating. The sun and backdrop of the landscaping is very nice.
We were immediately greeted on arrival by the reception desk by a pleasent lady who provided us with drinks and seats whilst we were checked in. We were then whisked away to our room which the hotel had upgraded for us to a garden villa which we had not expected. The villa had and outside coutyard shower and lovely view over the rolling countryside with hammocks and sun loungers on a patio. The room was very clean and had the usual ammenties you expect such as AC, Digital safe, sat Tv etc, but also had a small mini bar in the fridge which was topped up daily.
The hotel facilities were very good with a very nice pool and sun-bathing area with lots of shady places if you wished to stay out the sun or lots of beds in the open if you wanted to top up your tan. The swim up pool bar was very good and provided lots of drinks and the staff were very pleasent and helpfull. The sandy beach is adjacent to the pool and is a must see with lots of room below on the beach and in cliff top huts with comfortable seating.
We were married on the 5th Day at the hotel and this was a day I will never forget as it was impecably carried out and arranged by the wedding planner at the hotel. We had the ceremony on the cliff in a romantic location comprising a Pagoda and lovely garden grounds, the whole area was decorated out with our flowers of choice. We were picked up in a horse drawn carriage and taken to the ceromony, My wife looked gorgeous as she been to the spa to have her hair and makeup done. The ceromony was short and sweet and we had the wedding planner translating the spainish ceromony to us. All in all it was all we could have asked for.
After we a very good meal and wedding cake in El patio the Al a carte restaurant at the hotel which was extremely good and enjoyed by the majority of our party.
Overall with the wedding and whole holiday I cannot thank the staff more for the high standard of service they provided. We were made to feel very welcome and i would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone wishing a superb break in the Caribean. It is very good value for money and my wife and I will be returning to this hotel again in the next couple of years as a Aniversary present to ourselfs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Bahia de Naranjo Natural Park, in Playa Esmeralda, on the northern coast of Holguin province. Five-Star Ultra All Inclusive Eco-Resort with 354 rooms. Conceived only for adults aged 18 years or more. Maximum comfort and perfection in its private Royal Service area for a fabulous experience in a world apart. Recommended for weddings, honeymoons, incentive trips and wellness/spa. Guest Rooms 354 rooms: 254 Junior Suites, 24 Luxury Junior Suites, 16 Luxury Junior Suites Ocean View, 2 Suites Deluxe, 36 Master Junior Suites Royal Service, 14 Master Junior Suites Ocean View Royal Service, 6 Master Junior Suites Luxury Royal Service, 2 Garden Villas Royal Service. Dining: 8 Restaurants (A la Carte, Buffet), 5 Bars. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Hotel Holguin
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort And Spa
- Paradisus Hotel Guardalavaca
- Rio De Oro Paradisus
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Cuba
- Hotel Paradisus Rio De Oro
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort & Spa Cuba/Holguin