We booked this on a special, it was a lot more than Varadero but it was a good price compared to what they normally charge for the royal service. I was told that the royal service area was a bit over one year old, so this says a lot about the quality of the room, the ac was very strong, i hated that it was blowing directly on the bed, the bathroom was huge with separate sinks and a bubble tub, the shower was outside the room accessed from the bathroom, the toilet was in a separate room also accessed from the bathroom area.
The service was very good, the staff are very nice people, many thanks to George who transported us with the golf cart many times as we were lazy to walk. There was room service with different menus depending on the time, but if you wanted something to eat at 3 AM you will have something to choose from.
There is scuba diving included in the package, a very nice experience...There are shows every night, other than that there is not much to do, the disco is mostly karaoke ad it's for an older crowd. If you want to party hard head down to the beach and walk to the next hotel, there is a beach club that goes hard every night.
the service was very good all the way to the last moment, we decided to go to Varadero instead of returning home, the rep from sunwing was very nice, they helped us book 3 more nights in Melia las Antillias in Varadero and arranged for our transport by bus because there was no plane available. The trip by bus was exhaustive but well worth.
In Varadero one must try the skydiving, it was an amazing experience and the people there are very professional and competent. Sure made some new friends there and I can't wait to go back.
Now let's get to the bad. I always booked with Sunwing because usually we got a good service from them. When we got to the airport they made us put all the suitcases together on the scale and if one was 0.5 kg over it was rounded as 1 kg. In the end we had to pay 60$ extra because we were 3 kg over, which were not even 3 kg was less than that. I have heard from other people in the plane that had similar experiences with the flight with some people having paid for elite which allowed for 10kg extra and were told at the airport that they don't have the extra and were made to pay 400$.
They also made us pay 250$ a head to change the departure from Holguin to Varadero. Of all the trips that I had so far never and airline charged me 250$ to change the date of the flight. initially they wanted 500 per person nut i was told that since I am a returning client they will charge me 250 per person. Really???
Once we got back to Dorval we had to wait 30 min until the suitcases started to come out on the conveyor while other flights that arrived after us had them already out. This was the same for the rest of my family that had to wait 1 hour to come out, only 3 customs desks were open.
We pay for these services in the price of the ticket and we expect nothing less so wake up Sunwing and wake up Trudeau Airport
Did I mention that for the 60$ we paid for the luggage we didn't get any receipt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Bahia de Naranjo Natural Park, in Playa Esmeralda, on the northern coast of Holguin province. Five-Star Ultra All Inclusive Eco-Resort with 354 rooms. Conceived only for adults aged 18 years or more. Maximum comfort and perfection in its private Royal Service area for a fabulous experience in a world apart. Recommended for weddings, honeymoons, incentive trips and wellness/spa. Guest Rooms 354 rooms: 254 Junior Suites, 24 Luxury Junior Suites, 16 Luxury Junior Suites Ocean View, 2 Suites Deluxe, 36 Master Junior Suites Royal Service, 14 Master Junior Suites Ocean View Royal Service, 6 Master Junior Suites Luxury Royal Service, 2 Garden Villas Royal Service. Dining: 8 Restaurants (A la Carte, Buffet), 5 Bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Prestigia and Evoline ltd so you can book your Paradisus Rio de Oro Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Hotel Holguin
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort And Spa
- Paradisus Hotel Guardalavaca
- Rio De Oro Paradisus
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Cuba
- Hotel Paradisus Rio De Oro
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort & Spa Cuba/Holguin