“Snorkelling and Jeeps!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 27 things to do in Holguin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Snorkelling and Jeeps!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

The excursion I took to this location was well worth the money. I have had the opportunity to snorkel in a few locations and this was by far the best. The safari run in the open top jeeps were a riot too!

Visited January 2013
7 Thank Jan T

• Polish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Awesome experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

We did the "sun cruise" excursion, we went on a catamaran and went snorkeling before going to the dolphinarium and having a lobster lunch and swimming with the dolphins. I was skeptical about captive dolphins and how awful it is for them but these dolphins seemed happy and treated well. Obviously I don't know what they're thinking but they seemed to be content and total hams in front of the camera in between swims. They're in the ocean water and not a big chlorinated pool. Like others said, the fences are low enough that they could easily jump right out if they were miserable. The photographer was happy to take photos with our camera for us. Overall, an awesome experience that I definately recommend! Our tour guide Mario was wonderful, very informative and sweet! Hope you enjoy the day as much as we did!

6 Thank alli_gee123
Cobourg Ontario
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

I know there is controversy about the Dolphins, being in captivity etc...however, we did do this Excursion as a family and I have to say, it was amazing. All the dolphins were in very good health and put on quite the show. Well worth the money, and I guess part of me just hopes that money goes to caring for them.

The show itself is really neat. At least for us. We've never seen a show involving dolphins before so this was a real treat. They were fun, interactive, and I felt like a little kid again.

We paid the extra money to have them swim us around, push us out of the water etc. Wow. So surreal.

We were in the water with them for about 45 minutes and they shook our hands, clapped, splashed us, laughed....it was just amazing.

We're heading to Punta Cana this year, and I'm contemplating doing it again, along with the sharks and stingrays....I'll be doing some more research about the care for them before doing so, but I'm hoping it's something we get to experience.

Visited April 2012
6 Thank Angey B
Devon
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Dolphins”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

They were just so special, don't hesitate to swim with them and if feeling brave pay the extra €20 and you will be amazed at what they do. It was so exciting and they are well cared for not just swimming around in man made pools, they are on an Eco Island

Visited December 2012
3 Thank emmajjDevon
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Babysitting the dolphins”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Please have a look at my review of the PP hotel i have explained about our 24 hour trip to bahia de naranjo nature park. In short we spent the night with the dolphins had 2 private swims, had dinner breakfast and lunch and an open bar for the entirety of the trip. All this for less than the other trips were its 20+ to a dolphin and you are there for 2 hours. If you have any questions please contact me.

Visited September 2012