“Best Casa in Holguin City”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hostal La Casona

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Holguin
Hostal La Casona
Ranked #25 of 39 Holguin B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Best Casa in Holguin City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

Hi All, i just returned from a 2 week stay in Holguin City!! I stayed at Hostal La Casona, what a great house! Beautiful , very clean, the hosts "Mama & Papito" were amazing. Very clean, all the amenties and best of all within walking distance to the action in Holguin, two minutes from Cafe de Music, centre square, great restaurants. i highly recommned that you book this house. I also have to share with you the best restaurant in town, Restaurante La Torre is amazing, its two minutes walk from the casa, i had the best filet mignon (yes it was beef from Argentina) that i have ever had. The manager is Jordan and he will treat you amazing!! Make sure to have a morning cafe at le bogenia, the best for people watching. If you want away from the resort and you want the best of Cuban culture book this house and explore! the city is safe and the people are friendly, watch your wallet just like you would watch it any other country, i am a woman who walked home at 4.00am alone and i was fine!

Room Tip: take the middle room (less street noise and has AC)
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank sunloverlkm1975

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Grubbenvorst, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

The place is really close to the center and has a lovely patio, that is what the travelers foto's show. But, for us more important is the room you live in during your stay, and sleeping in a small room on the first floor with a bad shower and no place to sit is not what we understand under a good casa.
The older couple that runs the casa speaks only spanish but is friendly and helpfull.
Parking a rental car is possible.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jomaru6058
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed for 7 days from Nov 2-9th. Once again it was just amazing. Dahlia (I call her Momma) is just wonderful. So loving and caring and will go the extra mile for you to make you feel at home. To me this is my home away from home. It is also so peaceful. The location is just fantastic. Steps away from Central Park. Planning on visiting again next year and every time I go to Holguin you can count on me staying at this lovely place. This place is very clean and the beds are super. Beyond comfortable. Thank you again La Casona I will see you next year.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ladypell
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

The pictures you see posted here by others really say it all. Your own personal pool, great service by Dahlia the proprietor, and located only a few blocks from the downtown. They offer any meal you would like, but there's never any pressure. Great Casa! Great value!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I spent 7 nights at La Casona this time and it was truly wonderful. I had breakfast every morning and a party on one night. The host Dalia took care of all the details and made sure my guests enjoyed their time. The pool was open and I enjoyed the few times I just soaked in it. The place is clean and comfortable. I stayed in the room at the front and had no problems as it was cool and comfortable. I happened to meet Lissethe who was visiting as I had made the reservations through her and it was a delight to meet her, I enjoyed the Breakfasts that Dalia the host provided especially the fresh fruits. I would recommend to anyone visiting Holguin to pay a visit to La Casona dn can assure you that you will not be disappointed. I will stay again at La Casona whenever I visit Holguin. It is convenient, reasonable, clean and run by a very hospitable owner who cares about all the details to make sure your visit and accommodation exceeds your expectation

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank DrJJD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I made reservations online, and the response time was very good. They got back to me in 24 hours saying that they had room for us. This place is really close to the center, and they have a lovely back patio with a small pool, that you can lounge by. I made reservations online for 5 nights, however after being there for one night, the host told me that she had booked my room for the third night, and that I would have to find other accommodations. I was not really that impressed that my booking was confirmed, then changed. I would have booked another casa. I also received an email with my confirmation asking if I wanted breakfast included, I said yes, but something happened and the host didn't have breakfast for us. The host is very lovely, although she doesn't speak any English. You don't get a key, so you just have to ring the doorbell, no matter what time you come back at. The house itself is very clean, although we did have problems with the water in the shower, sometimes it just wouldn't come on, and at other times, it was cold. But overall it was a clean pleasant place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SonialBaker
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

I just returned yesterday from a 7 day vacation. Wanted to stay in a casa particular and did alot of research. Came across this one and I beleive I made the best decision ever. The people are all amazing here. They make you feel like it is your own home. The house is very clean and well kept. The food was great. The pool is a bouns on the hot days. I cannot say enough of how wonderful this casa is. Oh and the location is also just amazing. Steps from centre park. I would highly recommend this casa particular and do look forward to going back again very soon. Thank you so much to Lissethe, Dalia and all who help these 2 wonderful people. It was a birthday I will never ever forget.
Kim

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ladypell
Lissethe G, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Hostal La Casona, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear K...
We have no words to explain how happy we are that you had such a nice time with us, because for us was also awesome! That was a short, but very intensive week and I'm glad that you liked our House! Thanks a lot that you found the time to review our Hostal and hope to see you very soon ;))
Regards Lissethe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holguin
Islazul Villa El Bosque
Islazul Villa Don Lino
Islazul Villa Don Lino
#4 of 4 in Rafael Freyre
Paradisus Rio de Oro Resort & Spa

Been to Hostal La Casona? Share your experiences!