“Best food and drinks in Trinidad”

Restaurante Sabor a Mi
Ranked #31 of 121 Restaurants in Trinidad
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The restaurant "Sabor a mí" is located in the city of Trinidad "Cultural Patrimony of the Humanity", in front of Convent San Francisco de Asis, today transformed into a beautiful museum. The restaurant is a welcoming place, with beautiful terrace with view to the tower that invites to the enjoyment the beautiful and to prove of excellent plates elaborated by professionals in gastronomy who make the best to maintain a high quality in the service. With modality of service in 10 independent tables and with a maximum capacity for 34 people transform the restaurant into a place recommended to enjoy the typical Cuban plates in a calm atmosphere. Formed by a young people, enthusiast and a family that works thinking of their clients, for become it into pleasant and unforgettable place.
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stumbled upon this restaurant by chance. I went inside, took a look at menu and spotted they have a small courtyard. I asked if they could set up a table there and they said no problem. I returned later that evening. The waiter recognised me and directed us to the reserved table in the courtyard. The food was very good. Excellent typical cuisine. The drinks (mojito's and pina colada's) were the best we had in all of Cuba and we got through a lot in out two weeks travelling. We returned another day for drinks and on our last night in Trinidad for dinner. Every visit the same. Delicious food, the best drinks and great service. The waiters and chefs were lovely people.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Lovely warm and friendly restaurant. Has an interesting menu, I decided to try the Mariachi Fish dish, which was made with tequila and cayenne pepper. It was really yummy, I would recommend it, nice to have something different but also done well. Our main dish did come with warm bread and butter, a plate of salad and soup, all perfectly served to us as various courses....so be prepared to eat lots! I decided to have a soft drink and had the lemon frappe which I loved, my friends had the freshly squeezed orange juice and it was gorgeous. They also had fish dishes, the Trinidad 1514 and the Trinidad 2014, they both loved their food. In fact the Trinidad 1514 dish won an award at the 1st Culinary Festival of Trinidad this year (2014). Nice place don't miss out!

Reviewed April 12, 2014

First of all I would like to say in their defence that we ordered pizza. I know it's not cuban food but we were very tired and not in a mood for a big dinner, we just wanted to eat something familiar and go to bed, and we were very disappointed, the cheese on the pizza didn't really look like cheese, it was a yellow paste, and on top of that were huge chunks of ham. My pizza was with tuna and it was slightly better, but still bad.
Maybe it is a nice restaurant but they make horrible pizza.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Just got back from Trinidad Cuba (6.3.2014) and want to extol the virtues of this restaurant. There are masses of restaurants in Trinidad Cuba of varying standard and quality. We found Sabor a Mi with its friendly staff, reasonable to cheap prices and high quality food to be a real treat.

We ate there every day of our 9 days stay in the small town and loved in particular the ambience of the small plaza that the restaurant opens on to. Try the Pescado Trinidad and the Lobster. The waiters are sweet and helpful and the chef would come out to see how we were enjoying his creations, a real find!!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I tried to revisite it in this last week (05/02/2014) and someone told me The Restaurant its Closed for a very long time... I feel sorry, it was a very nice place..... I wil keep you up dated...!!!