Review Highlights
A visual piece of history

Reviewed December 27, 2019
TravelLoverBoston
Boston, MA
Take the TRAIN!

Take the train! This old smoke belching beast takes you on a somewhat bumpy but fascinating journey... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Lynne P
Lethbridge, Canada

1,304 results
All reviews train ride steam train manaca iznaga sugar cane de los plantation house sugar industry nice trip short stop day trip sugar production slave quarters juice tall tower slave trade horse riding mills
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have taken a taxi from the city and visited a couple of sites that were recommended by LP, from the old sugar plantations. It was money well spent, and we learnt a lot. Plus, the landscape was amazing!

Reviewed January 12, 2020

I visited here with my study abroad group back in January 2019. And it was one of my favorite excursions we did. Full of history, beautiful, and amazing guide. Reiner Romero Hernandez was our guide and he was so kind and knowledgeable. I highly recommend you visit!

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed December 27, 2019 via mobile

The train ride takes you to several spots including souvenir markets, a tower to watch the Valle scenes and the sugar factory. All makes a fruitful day.

Reviewed December 27, 2019

I was in the Valle for a couple of hours on a recent trip to Cuba. I climbed a tower to see the views and, with a good imagination, it's easy to see how sugar plantations flourished in the valley. The setting is still beautiful with mountains in the distance. Not a must do, but I'm really glad that I got to see it.

Reviewed December 24, 2019

An excellent day out. The Havanatur office will confirm on the day if the service is running and if so, will direct you to the station. The carriages are reconstructions and the locomotive is diesel but train buffs will find original rollling stock (mostly U.S. built) in the yard near the station.

The visit includes the hacienda with a tower which can be climbed for a good view of the valley. A branch line leads to the remains of the sugar mill (closed after the Revolution) and a stop for lunch at a hacienda.

The service is set up for tourists, not locals, but at 15 CUC can't be bettered.

1  Thank 16jamesdoc