Review Highlights
Great spot for live music in Trinidad

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
olliemumby
London, United Kingdom
via mobile
Birthday trip

Music and food, drinks and chats with anyone next to you. Cuba is the best place to get lost and... read more

Reviewed September 3, 2018
Alena S
via mobile

All reviews live music cuban music every night salsa dancing dance floor open air great music professional dancers salsa class plaza mayor tourists and locals entry fee small fee people watch the main square cuc per person bands
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited Casa de la Musica a few times during our time in Trinidad. Atmosphere was always great, music fantastic, and service good considering how busy it gets. A must-do in Trinidad.

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

Music and food, drinks and chats with anyone next to you.
Cuba is the best place to get lost and get your life to live with the free spirit and fully enjoying it.
People are super nice in Trinidad and you can learn how to dance, how to drink and just to have fun.
Well recommended

Reviewed September 1, 2018

I took a bus from Havana to Trinidad a trip that took about 6 hours traveling though the countryside a nice trip, Getting into Trinidad in early afternoon, getting off the bus I was met with many people trying to get me to go there hotels and for bicycle taxis to take me there, wow quite experience, I got a bicycle taxi to my B&B cost of 5 Cuban dollars but getting me there without trying to find my way though the streets. Once at my B&B I got checked in a great place very near the main square, it was off exploring the town, was like traveling back in time to the 50's except for everyone had a cell phone, LOL A stop for some dinner a nice seafood BBQ, shrimp and lobster for 20.00 with a nice beer, it was then off to listen to the music being played in the main plasa. Next day was more exploring the town before getting back on a bus heading to Cienfuegos for the next night.

1  Thank buffaloman69
Reviewed August 28, 2018

Most travelers look forwards to experience the local Cuban ambiance with its music and dance evenings, Casa de la musica has its reputation to present tourists with just that. however our experience showed something else. yes, the music was every time we went there fantastic, but the dance floor was taken over by the local pros. we have spoken to some of them, just to find out that they are salsa teachers, hence the place is used as recruiting place and/or simply for attracting young pretty girls.

we have not been able to dance although we wanted to and asked others to dance with us but turned down, simply because we are not of interest to them.

from that perspective we have been disappointed. but we have enjoyed the music worth the 1 cuc entrance free, drinks are normally priced.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

The ideal place to spend a nice evening, listening to good music. The place is very pleasant, it develops on the steps near the cathedral of Plaza Mayor. In August I was able to attend a truly remarkable dance and music show. The beauty is that it is also frequented by Cubans. Admission costs 1 CUC

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

On the stairs right next to a church (poor Jesus) , this venue is in situ. They do good music but each band plays only a few then change, each change takes time so it loses the mood.
It is indeed for tourists like many others wrote. If you just want to hear the music you don't have to go into this set of steps as you can hear it whilst in the centre of Old Town anyway. The majority of visitors do not dance: you have to be pretty good at dancing and confident in front of these many tourists who may video you and post it on the Facebook. If you walk in early, you don't have to pay the entry fee.
Do I want to come back?
No, not to Trinidad itself, once was enough.

Reviewed August 3, 2018

While on our honeymoon my Husband and I were told Casa del la Musica was a must see in Trinidad. The dancing and music was great but either we made a dire misstep in ordering the 2 CUC hamburgers or they used tap water to make ice for their mojito's but either way we've both never been so violently ill in our lives.

Nothing says romance like playing a game of Russian Roulette with your hotel toilet as you try decide which end takes precedence. Forget our wedding vows I'm pretty sure I pledged my undying affection to the cold rim of the bowl. I believe at one point in time my Husband uttered, "what if it doesn't get better?"

Go for the music but if you value your intestines eat elsewhere before and stick to Cerveza.

Reviewed July 29, 2018

This was the best place to enjoy a good Pina Colada and listen to authentic Cuban music. Beautiful to watch the locals dancing and the music playing live is just incredible. My daughter 10 years old love the music and the whole experience at Casa de La Musica in Trinidad. This is a must see place. Amazing !!!

Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

Jump in for only 1 CUC and get inspired by the music. Take a seat on the stairs and enjoy the bands/acts. No need to get thirsty, the waitresses are just around to serve you! Must do when in Trinidad!

Reviewed July 16, 2018

We just wanted to say, Trinidad is the place to go in Cuba when you're looking for relaxation, to meet new interesting people, dance salsa and drink Pina Colada's :)
We loved every second spent in Trinidad. Casa de la Musica was fabulous as well as everything else in Trinidad, we loved this city and I will definitely come back!

Thank you Cuba for being so welcoming, so warm and for making our trip so memorable!

We highly recommend it!