Brisas Trinidad del Mar
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Ancon(Playa Ancon)
  • Breakfast included
Club Amigo Costasur(Playa Ancon)
  • Restaurant
Hotel La Ronda(Trinidad)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Pool
Villa Guajimico(Trinidad)
  • Pool
1,737 results
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I have been at this resort before, there needs to be some upgrades in the hotel, it is a little run down , but it is clean , I have never run out so anything, they are always ready to help and accommodate. The entertainers are pleasant and very helpful. I really enjoy the salsa lessons, aqua Zumba or aqua fitness the entertainer Douglas does .
The food at this resort is a lot of the time the same, but you will never go hungry there is something for everyone. I was amazed at how much effort goes into making activities for the children, even though, there was not many children there.one entertainer Douglas had activities daily, they do the best that they can for the poor resources that they have.

If you want to go to some good private restaurants you must try the restaurant in La Casilda La Marinera wonderful authentic Cuban food they specialize in seafood. You will not be disappointed. Another vey nice restaurant is Wakey Wakey and shakey shakey, this is another very good restaurant in downtown Trinidad de Cuba. .
I will be returning to this resort in the winter , this is the best resort I have been to in Cuba, it feels like home.

If you are looking for food that you get from home do not bother going anywhere, but if you are open minded and are looking for a great experience to interact with the people of this area you will have a wonderful time. Be sure to leave the resort, and simply enjoy yourself.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank Connie T
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Luck would have it we only stayed here 2 nights as part of the Cuba Classic Tour unfortunately we had to stay here 2 nights, the first room we was given was rancid the amount of mould and mildew around the air con was disgusting the room stank, our tour guide got us moved straight away although the room we then got was better it was still poor, the food in the restaurant was very very poor, so bad we left without eating and went to the pool bar to eat very bad chips which was still better than the main buffet. All in all this hotel is horrible we only survived because the beach was fantastic and once on the sunbed you couldn't see the hotel and you could imagine you was anywhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chris L
Reviewed October 20, 2013

At first glance, from a distance, this hotel looks very nice. But that is because they have dressed it up cosmetically with bright paint. The rooms were not good. We ran out of toilet paper, the toilet tank would not fill. The pool area is fairly nice, but that was about it. The meals all seemed the same buffet. Food was average at best. We did think the servers in the restaurant were very nice and helpful even though you help yourself for the most part. The beach is pretty and they keep it neat. We tried to leave a tip for the maid, but no one at the hotel had any change. I guess they don't care. It is one of the few hotels in the area, so I don't know what your other choices are. We were in a group of about 20 people and no one liked it. They try to pretend it is 4 star, but not sure where they came up with that!

Room Tip: Good luck with trying to find a good room!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank nonstop_8
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The Location is not bad if you know that you are NOT staying in Trinidad but 15 km away in the beach of Ancon. It is All Inclusive resort . You pass the door and you don't pay anything in the theory.
But the porters chasing you for tip , even came twice to my room for that!
The lady serving (in plastic cups) fruit punch asks for a tip .
Wi FI does not exist and internet is not available even in the ...Internet room
The dinner consist of cheap quality food to feed masses
Similar thing with the breakfast
you have to remind twice to pick your bag from the room.
The shower is half working , only a trickle of water comes out and mainly ...very hot!
I don't know if I forgot something but from the above you understand! Stay away.

Room Tip: Chose an other hotel .You may have more luck
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank BIZAS
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in September 2013 for 3 nights, we booked via Cubatour and was assured this was the 'best hotel' in Playa Ancon.
We payed quite a significant amount for the 'pleasure' of staying here, and I have to say this was the biggest dissapointment I have ever experienced upon checking-in to a hotel. From the exterior it looks modern and pleasant, but once we arrived in our room we discovered it was grotty, dirty and falling apart. The doors do not fit the frames, the shower was no more than a drizzle and everything was either broken or looking like it was about to. The daily cleaning was appalling, really someone must explain to the cleaners that it is far better to have a clean room than to have a note and some swans made of towels. The food was bland and lacked variety, and the service was appalling. The resort advertises that you can use their bycles, but you can't travel far as you can only take them for an hour. You are isolated within the hotel, unless you take a taxi to Trinidad which costs CUC 8 each way. Its says there is a Bancomat - but we could not find one - and staff said there was no ATM on site when we asked. There were no snorkelling facilities, and there was nowhere to arrange watersports on the beach easily. The internet was not available when we needed it, and ended up getting a taxi to Trinidad instead.
The only positive is that the sunbeds are free and they provide bottled water in the rooms.
I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. The service is appalling and the rooms are just dreadful.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple