“Enjoy the food, enjoy the drinks, enjoy the atmosphere”
Review of Villalba

Villalba
Ranked #88 of 122 Restaurants in Trinidad
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2013

we had the pleasure to be guests in Olga's and Jose's place for about a week this summer and I enjoyed every single meal I had there. There are plenty of good restaurents in Trinidad, just usually they get kind a boring after one day coz eventhough they have severly dishes on the menue - most usually taste the same.

Not so in Casa Villalba - the menue is small, but u don't find two dishes that even come close to each other. The Paella is excelent, the lobster smells like heaven - but my favourites were the Pollo Escambray and the Gazpacho. if you spent enough time in cuba and get sick of rice and beans - you'll undertand me - give it a try.

if you don't happen to be around for dinner or just feel like a small bite - they offer breakfast and sandwiches as well - all for good value of money.

some people here complained that the waitors are no good at English - while this might be true in the end this is Cuba & people speak Spanish here, not everybody is an expert in foreign languages. Olga and Jose do speak a little English though and it is usually enough for you to order food and drinks.
If on the other hand you make the effort and try a little Spanish - you might soon end up in a chat about their life back in Spain and how they ended up in Cuba taking over this restaurant.

10  Thank sonadora2601

Reviewed June 14, 2013

After walking the whole town and reviewing several restaurant menus we decided to have lunch at Villalba, the food was good, fresh, well prepared and with great taste. At the end of our meal we ordered Ice cream, well... it was ice with nothing of cream, immediately after dipping my spoon I noticed the problem at hand and pointed out to the girl that was attending us, she said something along the lines of "yes the ice cream is good" but I still saw it on my bill, thinking that it was a mistake I ask her to take it out but she replied "I took it out of the container so I have to charge it" .... well 1 cuc is nothing for me but I figure I will leave a review to help other travel fellows like you. now Imagine if the lobster was bad ? I'm definitely not visiting that restaurant again.

6  Thank Tonin123
Reviewed May 20, 2013

A good cuban restaurant located in a perfect place. The owners are lovely, and the food excellent. Highly recommendable place!!!!

9  Thank isyda
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Please avoid this Restaurant. We were recommended this venue but beware as unlike all other places we ate at they did not tell us that the menu was not fixed price. The waitress who seemed to speak no English initially! Insisted we selected a choice from each part of the menu despite us not wanting to. There were no prices. The food was terrible and the shock was that when the bill came it was almost 100 CUC for 3 people with only 2 mojito drinks. We were very disappointed when as we complained suddenly the waitress and owner seemed to speak perfect English. There are many other better and more genuine places to choose from.

7  Thank Lubruju
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I travelled with my father to Cuba in October of 2012, and I searched out this restaurant from reviews on Trip Advisor. When we were in Trinidad we tracked it down and had lunch. We were the only table there and I was worried I had the wrong place, but no. The Paella was excellent, the musical accompaniment was very good as well. Service was fast and efficient as well.

I'm delighted I found it and I was very happy with the meal.

15  Thank AlastairBird