“Highly recommended!!”
Review of Hostel Noel y Nury

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trinidad
Hostel Noel y Nury
Ranked #17 of 225 Specialty Lodging in Trinidad
Hamburg, Germany
“Highly recommended!!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Noel and Nury are the most warm-hearted and - at the same time - professional hosts you could ever imagine. We highly recommend having breakfast and dinner at their home, the food and the cocktails are excellent! The rooms are very nice and clean.Fantastic terrace and hammocs. Noel is a very communicative person, he speaks english very well.
Happy we didn´t book the five star hotel!
Thank you for the great time, Noel and Nury!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Polish first
Antwerpen
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Thanks Noel It was a nice stay. The food, beds, cuba libres, mojito's, "pollo" , rooftop were perfect. It was an awesome experience, despite the short stay. Grts from rainy Belgium. Edward, Thibault & Laurent.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
glendale hts il
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I went to Cuba to visit the love of my life and her friend told us about this place.When I arrived at the airport Noel had My Love and a taxi there waiting for me.We took the nice long ride to Trinidad the ride was great I got to see the country side of Cuba and we stopped at some little shops and had a few beers along the way.
When we arrived at Noel y Nury's home they where outside waiting for us.It was a great to meet them both Noel and I got along just like old friends and his charming wife never stopped smiling.They are a great couple.
Noel showed us to our room a very nice clean safe room with a bathroom a Queen size bed and a twin so you can sleep three if you needed to.The place was stocked with all the beer soda and water you could drink.
Our first night my Yeny told Noel that I could not eat shrimp and some other seafoods.So my friend Noel made sure to make special dinners for us.This man is a very very good cook and he goes out of his way to make sure you are as comfy as possible in his home.
The first morning Noel and Nury made us a tasty breakfast and had a taxi take us to the beach.It is only a ten minute ride and the ocean and beach are clean and beautiful.On our second day Noel took my girl and I to some historical places and to hear some live music.Later that night Noel Nury Annie Yeny and I went out for a night of dancing and music to a place called the cave.It is an real cave in the earth.The girls had fun dancing and drinking.You have to have Noel take you to these places.Also have Noel make you his white wine fish recipe.
this place is fantastic and I will be back.
Jesse DePirro
Chicago IL USA

Room Tip: Just call Noel and Nury you do not have to look any further
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jdeeee
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This excellent casa was recommended to me by a friend who had loved her stay with Noel and Nury. Even before I arrived in Cuba, Noel was so helpful and gave me all sorts of advice on how to travel about in Cuba, including bus schedules in and out of Trinidad - as a result I was really looking forward to meeting Noel and Nury.

I can't speak highly enough of Noel and Nury, they both are lovely and make you feel instantly at home. Noels speaks excellent English and goes out of his way to ensure everything is sorted for you (he even organized a cheap taxi all the way to Havana for us) and he has great recommendations on day trips, the horse ride in the national park is definitely worth doing.

In terms of the casa, the location is very central within easy walking of everything. Make sure you go up to the roof terrace which has great views over Trinidad and the hills in the distance. The food was fantastic the whole time we were there and the portions were possibly the biggest we came across in Cuba (definitely an impressive feat!). Also, Noel's homemade daiquiris are legendary!

All in all, one of the best casa we stayed at in Cuba - we would love to come back and stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed with Noel and Nury for three nights on very short notice referral from a friend. I stayed in many casas during my trip to Cuba and this was probably the best casas I stayed in. I had friends in two other casas in Trinidad, and Noel and Nury's was better priced and nicer than both the others I saw.

Noel speaks great english and is very happy to help book excursions, taxis etc for you. He booked me a taxi for a hike up Topes Callantes, scuba dives and a taxi to havana and I paid less for each of those activities than anyone I had talked to.

Noel, Nury and their daughter are all very nice. Very happy to talk with you if you want but not overbearing. I spent a rainy afternoon hanging with Noel watching baseball and he was more than inviting for me to hang out and talk politics with him.

Convenient location by parque cespedes (a gathering spot for young locals at night) along with multiple restaurants, cafeterias, pizza places, and mercados. About an 8 minute walk to plaza mayor (nightlife area). Also, one of the two internet cafes in Trinidad is a 30 second walk from the casa.

Great food cooked by both Noel and Nury. Had fresh, same-day caught fish and lobster all three nights which was fantastic.

It was a great experience and I hope to return back to stay with Noel and Nury in the near future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Chris L
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Couldn't reccommend this casa highly enough for a budget traveller. The hostel is great, clean and tidy - in a fantastic location. Noel is an amazing host who is warm, welcoming and highly attentive, we couldn't have asked for more. If you want ANYTHING he can sort it!
AAA+++

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2012

If you are looking for a well priced casa with a good location, kind hosts and a great view this is the place for you. We stayed for 3 nights and were made to feel very welcome by the whole family from start to finish. Nothing was too much trouble and if you want anything organising Noel always seems to know someone who can sort it for you. The breakfast is very good and they will make what you want, the same goes for the evening meal (just let them know in advance), and for a pre dinner drink try one of Noel's top notch Mojitos on the roof top terrace. Noel is a real people person and takes a genuine interest in his guests, even to the point of helping us carry our bags to the bus stop at 6.00 AM!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple