“it was very pleasant day at trinidad”
Review of Hostal el Chef

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trinidad
Hostal el Chef
Ranked #197 of 370 Trinidad B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 16, 2014

i slept at the first floor at el chef.
the bed was new, and all the furniture was new. Also the water pressure was better than any hostel that I've went.

It is very famous hostel for korean or japanese

And you can see it by its name. the Owner Emilio is such a nice chef. You can have great food at a very reasonable price

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Josephkorea

Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is a really nice casa in Trinidad with air conditioning (very appreciable during Cuba's hot summers!). It is centrally located and this casa displays the same comfort level (incl. internet) as any other hotel in Trinidad for only 1/5 of the price (30 CUC per night).

This casa has an amazing terrace with a view all over Trinidad. This is perfect for breakfast, dinners or simply reading or having drinks in the night. The little touch is that the owner, Emilio, is really a great cook!

Originally we thought only of staying one night, but as soon as we arrived we decided to spend another day there!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is no doubt a hostel where you really get a five star treatment. The rooms are big, with individual bathrooms, immaculately clean. They have 3 rooms, which is quite uncommon in trinidad. We had a terrace with a view of whole trinidad and even chairs for sun bathing on the rooftop. The service is excellent, and the food is very well presented with a four course menu followed by coffee served by the landlady's smiling family.
You should definitely have a stop there!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Many thanks you for your lovely warmth, friendliness, food and help!! My friend and I stayed only one night but it was enough to get to know this wonderful family and their super beautiful Casa particular. It is located within walking distance of Casa de la Musica, which should not be missed!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Every good thing that others have said on this page about Emelio, Fatima and their wonderful Hostal El Chef is 100% true. This is the best 'casa particular' in Cuba, no question about it. My wife and I and another couple from Perth in Western Australia emailed Emilio in November 2012 asking about accomodation in late March 2013. Emilio came back to us in minutes (does this man never sleep?) to confirm our reservations and was in constant contact with us from then until we arrived. When we finally got there the warmth of their welcome, the cleanliness of their facilities, the spacious air conditioned rooms, the magnificent views from the balcony and the rooftop garden, the closeness to the bus stop for Havana, the nearness of the 'old town' and of course the absolutely magnificent fresh foods which Emilio is always able to conjure up (a rare thing indeed in Cuba) was simply unbelievable. I realy cant say enough about the standard of the food. Considering the constraints he has to work under it is truly remarkable what Emilio is able to bring to the table every day. The fresh eggs, fruits and juices, the perfectly prepared lobster and other seafoods put even the best of the Havana tourist hotels to shame. And he does it for a tiny fraction of the ridculous prices they charge. Our group all agreed that this easily the best 'casa particular' in Cuba. We will be back. Thank you Emilio and Fatima for allowing us to stay with you and your family in your lovely home and good luck with your planned renovations and extensions!
Peter and Wendy Sinden
ps. an added bonus provided by this excellent establishment is the parking place (right outside the front door) and 24 hour security provided for your car!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Peter S
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stayed 4 nights in El Chef Hostel.
I didn't expected much from the place since in Havana hostels are in bad conditions.This house was just a great surprice for me!
Rooms are big, comfortable and very clean.We got fresh sheets and towels every day.(in hostel!!!).We had a room with nice tarace, so every night after dinner we could relaxed there.
There was even kind of mini bar (but in normal size fridge )with water, cola, beer, glasses.
The other great thing was food! Oh my god, it was soooo good!!!
Emilo, the owner used to be a Chef in restaurnats/hotels in different countries, so we had such a delicious meals. Breakfast with fresh friuts, toast with ham and eggs, fresh quavas juice and dinner with prawn, lobster and tasty fishes! We have never fixed time for meals, we sad we come at 9, we came at 10 it was no problem! There were so many small things which makes the stay sooo god!
Emilo , Fatima Thank you for the familiar atmosphere! I will recommed your place to everybody who goes to Cuba. This is a 'must go' or 'must stay' point when travelling in Cuba.
I can't wait to see you again and have a dinner :)
Muchas gracias por todo!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Hostal El Chef is the best place in the whole of Cuba. I was in a lot of hotels and nowhere I felt like in this house. It's located 5 minutes to the main place (casa de la musica). Here, you'll feel like in a 5-star hotel, but also in a very family atmosphere. Emilio and his wife Fatima care about their guests and treat everyone as if they were family members. I became friends with them and I did not want to leave this wonderful place.

I was here for the first time last year and now I came back for a whole week. I know that I will always come back, because only in this place in Cuba you can really feel the atmosphere of holiday.

The rooms are quite large, very clean (cleaned daily) with a warm shower for 24 hours. Two rooms have direct passage to the large terrace on the first floor and offers a beautiful view of Trinidad. It's also a great place to relax.

Emilio, the owner of the house, is also a very famous chef, whose specialty is lobster. The menu prepared by Emilio is something delicious. I ate there always big breakfast and dinner, which consists of soup, salad, main course and dessert. All that was always very tasty and in a very good price. This is the best cuisine the world;-)

Emilio and Fatima are always available to help you, if you want to take advantage of any tours,transfer,scuba diving course or get to the beach.

Hostal is located in the center, but access to the beach is very good. There are daily a few buses in a very attractive price.It is better to remain in the city, which provides a lot of entertainment and spend the whole day on the beach.

I have traveled a lot, but for me this is the best hostel I have ever discovered.I recommend to all;-)

Emilio y Fatima...muchas gracias por todo. Me senti muy bien en su casa y volvere pronto otra vez.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends