“Gracias, Dani”
Review of Hostal Alameda

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trinidad
Hostal Alameda
Ranked #18 of 366 Trinidad B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed at Casa Alameda for three nights and the magic of the place was certainly one of the best memories we will keep from our two week trip in Cuba. The house is very well located in the historic centre of Trinidad and although some people may describe it as noisy because of the location, we found the music not too loud and something to enjoy in the background. Despite the fact that she had friends staying at the same time as us (it was Christmas), she still made us feel at home. The breakfasts were very tasty and the dinner she prepared for us consisting of pâté, lasagna and a bottle of Chilean wine is one of the most romantic we have had in our lives. We will go back for sure.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 15, 2012

Our 2 night stay at Hostal Alameda was one of the highlights of our trip to Cuba. It is a beautifully restored colonial house with two guest bedrooms on an upper terrace. Both rooms are elegant and understated. We had the second room which offers slightly more privacy.

It has a great location in the old town, ideally placed for taking in the Trinidad nightlife (Casa de la Trova is at the end of the road, Plaza Mayor just around the corner).

On our first night the owner Danielle cooked us a delicious dinner – chicken pate followed by pasta with shrimps and bananas in caramel and rum. On the second night we ate out and Danielle recommended a great local Paladar that wasn’t in the guide books (Paladar Estella in case you are interested). Breakfasts in the lovely garden were also delicious.

Danielle is a friendly and welcoming hostess. She offers first rate tips for things to see and do in Trinidad, and has a useful network of friends too (including Alexi who looked after our car and organized a mechanic to fix a flat tyre).

She has made herself a little piece of heaven in Trinidad. It was a treat to share it for a couple of days.

Room Tip: Book early - it is a popular place.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I too am reluctant to write a glowing review - because Daniela will be booked up for the next FIVE years!!!!!!! Hostal Alameda is Trinidad's best kept secret - although I know the secret is out now!!!!
Last year while in Trinidad, I "found" Daniela's place and although we were already booked somewhere else, Daniela gave my husband and I a tour of her utterly charming casa.
I vowed to return to Cuba so that I could stay with Daniela. This past February, we did indeed return, and it was mostly beacuse I HAD to stay with Daniela!
My husband and I and another couple stayed for 7 nights - and it was the highlight of our holiday! Daniela is actually French-Canadian so she is fluent in french, english, as well as spanish.
Her place is delightfull - if it were in Canada - it would be a boutique inn and I'm sure $300. a night would not be out of the question!!!!
It is authentically decorated in style and spotlessly clean. Daniela's meals are 100% gourmet. We had candlelit many course dinners, flowers, table coths, embroidered napkins etc. etc. She could provide us with great wines.
Her gourmet kitchen is a thing right out of the decorator magazines! She pays such attention to all details!
Our rooms, above her own quarters, were gorgeous with hotel style mattresses, comfy pillows and big plush towels. There is a private terrace off the bedrooms with lovely views of Trinidad and you could even see the ocean.
I'm saving the best for the last! And that is Daniela herself! What a charming, competent, helpful, happy person. Personality plus!!!!! Plus plus!!!!!!!! She helped us plan our week, organizing "top" people for our excursions, be it - salsa dancing, walking tours, authentic handicrafts, talking to the "right" people at Cubatour, what adventures to go on, horse carts rides, organizing our faithful taxi driver -- AND -- Daniela even took us horseback riding to the valley for drinks and a swim! She has her own beautiful horse and she rented horses for us that she knew were properly cared for.
I can still hear that Chet Baker CD that was resonating throughout her place. We ordered it when we got home! I could go on .. and on .. homemade cinnamon rolls, barbqued shrimp, the most delicious creamed soups, spring rolls - hey what can I say? She's a "foodie"!!!! And she is so proud of her lovely place and of all her accomplishments.
Location is PERFECT!!!! Right near Plaza Mayor. I CANNOT say enough. I have already highly recommended her to many and some more of my friends just came back from her place and said it was a total DREAM!!!!!!! Very romantic!!!!!!!
If you are going, I think she would like some foreign paperback novels. She has a lovely gal working for her named Anna - who is a real genuine treat!
Go - you'll have a holiday of your dreams - for really, very little cost!!!!!!!!!!!!
I feel like Daniela is a good friend of mine!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 19, 2012

When our tour planner suggested staying in this B&B we were skeptical, but all we had to do was to step through the lovely front door and meet our even lovelier hostess Daniela to know we were in the best possible place in all of Trinidad. The 2 upstairs bedrooms were clean and cozy, with great beds, great bathrooms, and hot showers with superb water pressure (a treat in Cuba). The kitchen was spotlessly clean, and Daniela made us gourmet dinners and breakfasts that were the highlight meals of our entire 10 days on the Island. The B&B is also in a fantastically convenient location, and Daniela is everything a good hostess should be and more. We adored her and our stay, and wouldn't dream of going back to Trinidad and staying anywhere else. And the icing on the cake? It was so inexpensive!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank JMLTD
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Stunning property and lovely hostess. Food was great. Quite expensive but worth the money.

Romantic candle lit suppers by arrangment. Daniela is a superb cook and has style and panash.

We hope to go back next time we visit.
Drums audable but part of the charm. Rooms a ulta nice and location is A1 dont stay anywhere else if you can afford this.

Room Tip: both rooms are perfect and open onto a balcony. Either are enchanting. We had the one at the top o...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed our last 4 nights in Cuba in Trinidad with Danielle. What a great place! We loved everything in Trinidad but especially our welcome at Alameda and Danielle's cooking. Just writing about it, I get hungry! Every morning, Danielle would tell us about the evening menu and we just could not wait to be back, sitting at our table, lighted by candle light and savour all her dishes. It was every time the perfect end of a perfect day.
She is full of good advices of places to go and things to do: swimming beaches, snorkelling beaches, horse riding, etc.
It actually felt like we were staying with a good friend that would know exactly how to please us: food wise, conversation wise, privacy wise, activity wise... Just incredible!
I can not recommend it enough. Also, if you are a big reader as I am, Danielle will be delighted to take care of your books once you have finished them (French, English, Spanish). It is hard for her to get hold of foreign books and I was happy to see the pleasure she had in reading the books I left for her.

Room Tip: We had the room with the sea view which has a little more privacy.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We spent a lovely four nights staying with Danielle at the Hostal Alameda. The accomodation was finished to an incredibly high standard, looking more like a boutique hotel than a Casa. One of the other reviews mentioned the noise from the nightly entertainment at the Casa Trova, however we didn't find this to be a problem at all. We were a bit worried when we arrived as there was no air conditioning but we found that the fan was enough to keep us cool even on a warm night. The food that Danielle made was AMAZING, such a treat to have such high quality food, not exactly easy to find in Cuba. She organised a trip for us to go horse trekking, well worth doing - we had a fantastic guide and really well looked after horses (not the case if you go with one of the people that try to nab you in the main square from what I heard). The only one issue we had was that there is something of a lack of privacy between the two rooms at Alameda, as you will really want to leave the windows/door open to keep cool.

Overall though a highly recommended Casa to stay at, definitely a bit different to any other Casa you're likely to find in Cuba and well worth the cost of 40 cuc per night.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple