Delamore Lodge
Santa Fe(Waiheke Island)
  • Beachfront
The Boatshed(Waiheke Island)
View Hotel
Waiheke Island Resort(Waiheke Island)
View Hotel
Te Whau Lodge(Waiheke Island)
  • Restaurant
Aarangi Motel(Kohimarama)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
All reviewsinfinity poolattention to detailresident chefspa servicespre dinner drinksstunning viewsevery eveninglounge areanew zealandbeautiful roomvery special placesecond to nonecourse dinnerfour nightshalf moon bayspecial treatamazing place
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 19, 2012

If happiness is made out of single moments... every single moment spent at Delamore was exactly that.. pure bliss. As soon as you arrive and you are welcome to the beautiful property you are enchanted both by the views to the ocean and by Roselyn s good taste present on every corner of the lodge. Perfect matching colours, huge comfortable spaces, all the architecture blending perfectly with the privileged environment and landscape. The views are simply overwhelming!! There are lovely views from every room, from the perfect dining room.. from the pool... The huge apartment we stayed in couldn t have been more beautiful and comfortable.. it seems they thought about everything ... spacious bedrooms, soft top quality sheets and a huge living room, kitchen and private terrace, ... lovely views from everywhere again and outstanding service. I had forgotten my make up remover in Auckland... they had thought of that detail and I found many single make up removers in both bathrooms.. I needed a band aid.. I found one there.. without even having to ask.. everything is ready for your comfort and the apartment is completely equipped.. ideal for families. Roselyn and Aaron they are both very special people, professional, genuinely happy to help you with whatever you might need, resevations, tours,. photocopies..and they recommend the best places to have dinner around the island. -The best place to have dinner for us is in fact, Delamore. - Aaron, the chef prepared the best duck I ve ever tasted and many other delicious dishes and sides.. a dinner at the Delamore in his hands with the amazing views of the ocean cliff and the ships is unbeatable! (Yes! Great views and Great food is finally possible!!!!!!!) -Some restaurants or hotels rely on the views and don t pay attention to food quality, here it is different, - their love for what they do shows in every detail and you feel they really take care of you. It is the ideal place to enjoy the good things in life, you feel you are far apart from the real world in a really special dreamy place. Watching the stars at night and enjoying the almost unreal silence is something we will never forget.. ! And Breakfast!!! Best fruit platter ever!!! Beautifully presented and exquisite..! (Please check the picture to see it is not just an enthusiastic opinion) Best croissants! Best jam! What can I say? Thank you!! It was so difficult to leave the lodge!!! And the island is beautiful!! It was an unexpected surprise and the highlight of our trip, both the island, the lodge and having met the owners of Delamore and experience the warmth of its manangement. For us, Waihiki Island combines in just one place the lush greens of Ubud in Bali , the magic of Easter Island and its warm beaches, Portofino s dramatic cliffs, and our patagonian landscapes with hundreds of sheeps.vineyards, great wines and all the possible shades of green and blue... Delamore Lodge matches this magic perfectly with honest glamour, world class outstanding service, lovely suites and unbeatable food and views. I am sure It is one of the best and most beautiful and relaxing places to stay in the world.

Room Tip: Every room will be perfect. Don t think more about it!! Just go!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank cucuruchito
Reviewed January 13, 2012

just got back after three and a half weeks in Australia and New Zealand and our stay at Delamore Lodge was the highlight of the trip. previous reviews are spot on. there is simply nothing to fault.
we felt as though we were staying at a friends private paradise retreat......fabulous experience...thank you Roselyn

Room Tip: we stayed in the two bedroom apartment....it was sublime
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank 159robinrobin
Reviewed January 8, 2012

My partner and I spent 2 days at Delamore in December 2011 and had a small intimate wedding there with 6 guests. The location was stunning and Roselyn is a fantastic co-ordinator with everything running very smoothly. There are a number of locations around the property available to have the ceremony dependent upon the look and feel you want, and the island as a whole is a perfect location for post-wedding photos. The food is out of this world and the portions huge. The villa has a luxurious but relaxed feel and it is the perfect place to unwind and enjoy the vistas. Only room for improvement would be some additional facilities in the bedrooms- full length mirror, dressing table where you can do your makeup etc which I would expect from a 5 star property.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Nina022
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Absolutely stunning venue for a conference. Roselyn was wonderful to deal with, professional and extremely helpful. Our Directors were more than impressed. If you want a wow location - do not hesitate to book at Delamore Lodge.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank BurgerKingNZ
Reviewed November 14, 2011

My fianceé and I were married at the Delamore Lodge on November 1st, and we stayed there a total a total of 3 nights (October 31st - November 3rd). I wish I was still there....Rather than repeat the lavish praise that everyone else has already provided (all of which is true), I will just comment on our experience here.

Being from Canada, this was a very long way to travel, but we were looking for the perfect setting for our small, intimate ceremony and in this respect the Delamore was absolutely perfect. It is secluded and private, and as far away from the everyday as you can possibly get. Although we were getting married there, we wanted more than just a picturesque venue - we wanted a unique and memorable trip-of-a-lifetime stay on Waiheke Island. In that respect, the Delamore Lodge exceeded my wildest expectations. We were made to feel as though we were at home by Aaron & Roselyn (assuming, of course, that "home" is an ultra-luxurious, sprawling villa with the most incredible natural surroundings you could possibly imagine!). The food is beyond description, and the service (which is relaxed and informal) is equally outstanding. We almost felt guilty about not being able to eat it all, but the quantity served in no way infringes upon the quality. I have never eaten so well, and we actually took pictures of the food! Every day, we woke up to a panoramic view overlooking a gorgeous bay and majestic countryside, and then strolled leisurely over to the patio for a gourmet breakfast. I have never had it better, and doubt I ever will again until I go back.

Everything about the Delamore exudes quiet, unpretentious sophistication. It doesn't try to compete with the beauty of the surroundings, but instead just seems to fit right in. I have never been more relaxed than I was here. We are certainly not rich, and our stay here represented a significant investment for us, but it was worth every penny and I would do it again (and will!) in a heartbeat. The Delamore is not well-publicized in Canada, and indeed we found them pretty much by accident on the internet, but accidents like that I can certainly live with!

If you are going there, I am jealous, because I know what you are going to experience.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms here - the villas are all identical and face the water. There are apparently some apartment-style rooms but we did not see these. The 4 main villas are the way to go.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple