“Perfect Wedding”
Review of Delamore Lodge

Delamore Lodge
Ranked #2 of 29 Waiheke Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I stayed at Delamore Lodge, February 2011 for my sisters wedding.
It was perfect. The food, ambience, service were faultless.
The breakfasts were amazing, I have tried to copy a couple of the fruit ideas but my attempts do not even come close.
I cant say enough about the service, from the turn down service, to preparing the rooms to always having a full glass of wine on the evening - all of this done without me or my partner ever having to ask, it was as though everything happened by magic.

Room Tip: All rooms were "fantastic" as standard
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TReess12

Reviewed October 15, 2011

I heard about Delamore lodge from a friend who went there for his honeymoon some months ago. He could not stop raving about how perfect it was.

So last week, after a short business trip to Australia I decided to get a few days of R&R before I flew back. I booked a 3 night stay online, got a great deal on the room, complimentary pick and drop and was even assisted in making reservations at highly rated restaurants nearby.

When I got there, I still had some misgivings, expecting my friend's stories to be exaggerated. I was proved horribly wrong! Delamore lodge exceeded my expectations in every way! And mind you, I'm not an easy fella to please. I've stayed at 7 star hotels around the world and in short I was impressed.

The location is something out of a fairy tale. It is picturesque beyond words and some of the sunrises and sunsets are breathtaking. The staff is superb, well trained, courteous and ever present when needed. The rooms were spacious and comfortable with a fantastic view. The spas were indescribably relaxing and the food. Oh the food! Each dish I tried was better than the previous one. I went to the kitchen to personally congratulate and thank the chef for scintillating my palate. I almost didn't want to leave. Those 3 days gave me some of the best R&R I've had in my life!

Thankyou for taking such good care of me Delamore. I'm definitely coming again as soon as I get a chance.

P.s. don't be fooled by the rates. Its fantastic value for money. My only complaint is it's a bit out of the way but compared to some hotels and resorts, it's a steal!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Djshah84
Reviewed September 24, 2011

This is a truly spectacular place and Aaron is a genius in the Kitchen! A breathtaking view meets rustic luxury. The atmosphere is one of total relaxation from the pre dinner drinks and canapes to the sumptuous dinner. As is often the case, words and pictures do not do this place justice. The view from your bed is guaranteed to make your jaw drop! Expensive but worth it for a special occasion.

Room Tip: There are only 4 suites which do not have room for children but the apartment would be perfect .
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Sal_Winchester
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I have never had such an absolutely amazing, relaxing, DREAMY retreat ever before in my entire life..

I stayed in the new Luxury Apartments, and I can't even begin to describe how amazing my experience was..

The stunning views from the apartment were nothing short of dazzling.. As if for every moment I spent with those views was a moment spent in a blissful paradise, right out of a movie..

The decor was gorgeous.. And I mean gorgeous.... What a lovely place, World Class doesn't even begin to describe it.. You're talking Universal here..

And the beds... Oh my god.... Absolutely amazing! Huge beds made for kings and queens, so comfortable I didn't want to get out of bed all the while I was there...

The Delamore Staff are by far the most hospitable, caring, simply fantastic people! They made the stay and experience so much more rewarding..

The gardens... The luxurious pool and spa...

The sheer luxury, comfort and beauty of Delamore Lodge is unparalleled.. I'm due to get married in July, 2012 and I've already booked it for our wedding!

Anyway, I could carry on into the night writing this..

In short: Delamore Lodge is New Zealand's Paradise, it's paradise on earth. Period.

Highly Recommended!

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank MnABoofle
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Luxury plus, with no detail overlooked. Magnificent accommodation, outstanding food and service, amazing views. A tranquil setting on a beautiful island close to Auckland. We have stayed in some incredible places all over the world but it just doesn't get any better than this. Delamore Lodge ranks right up there with the best.

Room Tip: Every suite is identical, all have spectacular views. 2 BR apartment, main bedroom has amazing views...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank anne b
Reviewed July 21, 2011

My wife and I booked at Delamore Lodge on a friend’s recommendation, as a weekend away from the kids.

The place and experience was just amazing, as were the hosts Roselyn and Aaron, who went to great effort to make us feel welcome and comfortable.

We were in need of some restful down time, for which Delamore was just perfect.

All the facilities, including the spa services are top notch. It is evident that a lot of hard work and detail has gone into creating this unique luxury resort, which is enhanced by a very beautiful and tranquil setting. The breakfast service was a welcome indulgence; particularly given we normally have a few kids hanging off us at that time of the morning. It was just lovely to mull over the weekend papers, with that amazing view and even better food.

Thanks for a surreal and dreamy weekend. We’ll be back for sure…

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Campbell07
Reviewed June 26, 2011

The Delamore Lodge is completely out of this world and undoubtedly the best two nights we have had together anywhere ever.
The food is unbelievable the service impeccable and the lodge is just heavenly.
Bless you all for giving us the most wonderful memories we will cherish forever.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
#9 of 29 in Waiheke Island
Enclosure Bay
Enclosure Bay
#1 of 6 in Oneroa

Been to Delamore Lodge? Share your experiences!