What can I say other than a totally decadent weekend! This place screams romance! Whilst we had perfect weather, giving perfect outlook to sea, and a 1 minute walk down to the calm ocean for a swim, I can imagine even on a cold rainy day it would be a perfect spot, instead choosing to spend your time snuggled up in front of the fire flicking through the many books and magazines/listening to the CD's they provide, or watching a DVD enjoying a lovely glass of waiheke red wine!
We stayed in the Bridge suite, which I felt was probably a more private option, with fabulous views (as do all the other rooms!) The Lighthouse is quite spectacular...and maybe next time!
The food is fresh and innovative, Rupert the dog brings a homely feel to the place and quite honestly I can not imagine a better place to spend a weekend on Waiheke.
Try it for yourself...you will not be disapointed...I have stayed at some wonderful places ...but this is right up there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Boatshed is a small luxury hotel on Wiaheke Island - sitting above the beach of Oneroa with extensive views out over the bay. Best described as "barefoot luxury", this seaside hotel and the island its on are a perfect reflection of the modern New Zealand holiday - with a high level of design detail, beaches, vineyards, galleries, and stunning coastal walkways make this little place the perfect tonic for those wanting to get away from it all. We look forward to seeing you soon... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Boatshed reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Boatshed Hotel Waiheke Island
- Boatshed Waiheke Island
- Boatshed Hotel Waiheke Island