The experience is rather like staying in a well staffed private house. Brilliant chef who served up marvellous dinners and breakfasts. Lovely room with superb view. Great place to unwind.
The only caveat is that we got bitten on two nights by mosquitoes; I would recommend advising the hotel not to open the windows and turn on the lights in the room in the evening (which they do as a matter of course) and bring plenty of mosquito repellent.
For lunch avoid Mudbrick which is very touristy (coaches arrived constantly when we were there) and try Cable Bay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Boatshed is a small luxury hotel on Wiaheke Island - sitting above the beach of Oneroa with extensive views out over the bay. Best described as "barefoot luxury", this seaside hotel and the island its on are a perfect reflection of the modern New Zealand holiday - with a high level of design detail, beaches, vineyards, galleries, and stunning coastal walkways make this little place the perfect tonic for those wanting to get away from it all. We look forward to seeing you soon... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Boatshed reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Boatshed Hotel Waiheke Island
- Boatshed Waiheke Island
- Boatshed Hotel Waiheke Island