“Fun Day”

Waiheke Island Wine Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Catch the 10am ferry from downtown Auckland, cruise the sparkling waters of the Hauraki Gulf and in 35minutes you'll arrive in paradise! Wayne (owner) is our primary guide; Graham, Christine and Geri are also passionate Waihetians! We are the original ‘Waiheke Island Wine Tours’, the first Qualmark-accredited tour operator; we offer professional, fully planned itineraries with all arrangements made on your behalf. Ten clients max in each of our comfortable vehicles with vented air-con and large windows for excellent sightseeing. Enjoy our entertaining scenic tour with full commentary on our early beginnings and island life today. Included are tasting fees for at least 14+ wines at three top vineyards, chilled bottled water, Waiheke Island of Wine Maps, transfers to lunch and then to the ferry afterwards. We operate daily (except Xmas Day, Easter Friday and the odd short break). Privately tailored tours are available by arrangement. No credit card, booking or agent fees - book and pay online - its EASY!
Hawaii
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Fun Day”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Wayne was a great guide. We went to 3 wineries and he took us to a 4th, Mudrock, for lunch only.

Jurassic Ridge and Peacock Sky were my favorites that were included in the trip. I paid for the tasting at Mudrock, which is really where I wanted to go. We went there for lunch. I wish I had had a choice for lunch and that Mudrock would have been included in the tastings. But, all in all, it was an enjoyable day.

Visited October 2013
JeanandWayne, Owner at Waiheke Island Wine Tours, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear Hulamoon thanks for returning and reviewing us on Trip Advisor, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your day out with us. I know Wayne explained this to you and just to clarify for anyone else reading this review - our promise for your day is to visit three award-winning vineyards and enjoy 14+ tastings of excellent wines. If anyone wants further tastings, they are welcome to pay for more at their lunch venue. Kind regards Jean and Wayne.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Waiheke Island Wine Tours.”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We had a fantastic wine tour with Wayne. He put up with our silly jokes and giggliness as we visited three wineries, each seeming better than the last. We also got to find out about the islands history and take in some amazing views. After it all we got to have lunch at the award winning Casita Miro. This tour definately surpassed my expectations and I would highly recommend it to others.

Visited October 2013
Dear Andrea G, thanks for returning to Trip Advisor to write your reviews. Wayne enjoyed meeting your group and always likes to see people enjoying themselves. Cheers! Jean and Wayne.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Highly recommended!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Agree with all of the five star reviews. Wayne's "bones are with the island", as he said-- he's informative and passionate about the history and goings-on there. I felt like I was a local with the benefit of the "inside track." Not to mention that the island in itself is 5-star gorgeous.

The Peacock winery with the food pairings by far and away was most amazing. And all three wineries he took us to were great.

I only wish I stopped and asked Wayne to reexplain some of the history. With his accent (or mine? :) ) and all of the Maori words, it was sometimes hard to keep up. I know I missed out on some pretty interesting stuff-- the island is full of it!

I highly recommend this company!!!

JeanandWayne, Owner at Waiheke Island Wine Tours, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Hi Amandajammer, thanks so much for returning to Trip Advisor to write your lovely review. It is great feedback for Wayne to know he captured your imagination with his renditions of the island's history. We Kiwis do tend to forget that our accent is very different, so your comment is a good reminder for us to talk a bit more slowly during commentary!! Warm regards Jean and Wayne :-)
Winter Haven
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Personalized Service”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Wayne does a fabulous job of Waiheke history. I loved when he took us to see the towns roosters. The winery tour with Waiheke is a MUST! We stayed on this little ROMANTIC island for 3 days and fell in love with the island, wineries, and the hospitality. My favorite winery was Peacock Sky and Mudbrick. The best restaurant for us was Cable Bay. The best view was Trig Hill reserve.

Visited September 2013
JeanandWayne, Owner at Waiheke Island Wine Tours, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Hi Rhonda, many thanks for returning to TA write your review. It was our pleasure assisting in the planning of your trip to Waiheke Island. Wayne thoroughly enjoyed your company over your two days touring and I am only sorry I didnt get to meet you - maybe next time! Best wishes Jean and Wayne.
Sydney, Australia
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“A fun day”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I had Girlfriends visiting from Sydney and chose this tour as a special treat. Wayne makes the day very enjoyable. The 3 wineries he chose for us where well selected and a good contrast to each other. Our favourite ended up being Peacock Sky. Although we enjoyed all 3. Wayne is very informative and passionate about his home and gave us insight into the island we wouldn't usually get. He was there to pick us up from the ferry and delivered us on time for our return ferry.

Visited October 2013
Hi jackirmic, thanks for your lovely review. Wayne really gets a buzz out of sharing his knowledge of the island with our clients, and it is always a pleasure to meet passionate people such as yourselves in return! Best wishes Jean (and Wayne)