“See some nooks and crannies of Waiheke”
Review of See Waiheke Tours

See Waiheke Tours
Ranked #8 of 24 Tours in Waiheke Island
More attraction details
Owner description: SeeWaiheke Tours caters for private tours, small groups and families. Get away from the large buses and create your own specialised tour.See what you want, when you want to!
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Great tour and Christine was extremely accommodating to what we wanted to do. We wanted wineries and long lunch which was perfect. I felt I would have missed a lot of the context of Waiheke life if we had simply touted around on our own. Thoroughly recommend it!

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

I found See Waiheke Tours on the net and upon speaking to Christine, immediately hit it off. I only gave her the briefest of information in terms of what we wanted to achieve in our visit and Christine managed to tailor the day to perfection for us.

Coming off the boat to a personal greeting is the best way to start the tour...passing the crowded bus and taxi queues is certainly preferred!

Christine knows Waiheke really well and is very well informed on all aspects of the islands life and history. She knows plenty of unspoilt bays and is able to make any and all bookings for you so you don't have to worry about anything at all...just sit back, relax and enjoy the day!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I have been to Waiheke a few times over the years but I learnt more in a day with Christine than I ever knew before. My husband had organised our trip with Christine as a birthday present for me and it really was the perfect gift.

It felt very special arriving at Waiheke on the ferry and then avoiding all the queues to the buses, seeing Christine holding up a board with our names on it and then escorting us to her tour bus. Christine has lived on the island for many years and her knowledge really comes through. She was able to give us a guided tour of the Island as a 'local' and shared with us some of the special little spots on the Island that as a tourist we would never find.

Christine had taken great effort to understand our interests and made sure she tailored the day to fit in everything that we could. We visited a local boutique vineyard (Peacock Sky), and a Olive Grove farm finishing off with a fine lunch at Cable Bay. Christine had made all the bookings for us and had arranged the visits at quiet times so we had the experience all to ourselves.

We had a fantastic day with Christine and I would highly recommend her tour as the best way to see Waiheke Island.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We have used See Waiheke Tours twice and have been highly impressed with Christine and Geri. The first time we did the tour was in 2009 where Christine took us around. If you're short on time on the Island this is the perfect way to see the key sights and of course check out a few local wineries along the way! Our most recent tour was February 2012 where Geri took us around with friends from Canada. Geri showcased Waiheke Island magnificently to our friends from Canada. Again we were short on time for our visit and Geri tailored the tour perfectly to our requirements. A highlight of the trip was cellar door tasting at Obsidian where the owners Janet and Lindsay Spilman were great to talk with and of course sampling their extensive wine selection! We can't recommend See Waiheke Tours highly enough. It was a pleasure meeting Christine and Geri.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

My wife and I had the most wonderful day with Christine! We took the ferry from Auckland to Waiheke, and Christine was standing at the terminal awaiting our arrival! We spent the next five hours seeing the "ins and outs" of the entire Island. We stopped at several coves and beaches to simply take-in the extraordinary beauty that surrounded us. Christine has spent most of her life on the Island, and is incredibly knowledgeable about everything Waiheke! We stopped by two wineries for tasting, had a fantastic lunch at the Oyster Bar in the village, and sampled the most delicious olive oil "fresh off the press"! Words cannot even begin to express our thanks to Christine for her in-depth tour, hospitality, knowledge, and desire to design our day around us!