“Great afternoon of touring and tasting.”
Review of See Waiheke Tours

See Waiheke Tours
Ranked #7 of 27 Tours in Waiheke Island
More attraction details
Owner description: SeeWaiheke Tours caters for private tours, small groups and families. Get away from the large buses and create your own specialised tour.See what you want, when you want to!
Kawartha Lakes, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great afternoon of touring and tasting.”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My friend and I were referred to SeeWaiheke by the very helpful and friendly girl in the Oneroa I-Site information centre. As we had limited time on the island SeeWaiheke was a great way to visit quite a lot of the island in a short time. As mentioned in some other reviews Christine was very flexible and certainly accomodated our interests and requests - even phoning to arrange a visit to a private art studio when we admired the beautiful house it was located in. The food and wine pairing at Peacock Sky winery was particularly memorable and we also enjoyed our visits to two other wineries and the olive oil estate. As we are both walkers Christine even included that in our afternoon with her. She dropped us at one end of a path around a couple of bays and met us at the other end. She also showed us the path which leads to the ferry wharf with a sign across the road from Cable Bay Winery where we had dinner in the bistro/bar, (not included in the tour). After dinner we had a pleasant walk down through the bush to the ferry to complete a very enjoyable day. I definitely would recommend Christine's tours to anyone looking for the "personal touch" which is not usually available on large group tours.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Thea374

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Wine tour/see Waiheke experience”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Hostee Christine was great, see was very flexible and accomodating for all age groups - we had teenagers and an older family member in the party. She tailored the day so that everyone was happy - visited the art gallery, wineries, great viewing areas and town. Awesome day was had by everyone. Thanks Christine, high recommend your tour to everyone. Will be back.

Visited October 2012
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“See Waiheke Tours - well worth it!”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

As a traveller with a slight aversion to coaches, I chose Christine's tour based on the small group principle. It was WELL worth it. We had a wonderful tour with a very attentive Christine, and came away informed about the history of the island and its fabulous wineries. Christine took us to three wineries: Obsidian, Kennedy Point (look out for the shaggy cows) and Mudbrick, where we also chose to have lunch. Christine also responded to our love affair with olive oil (we're two Mediterranean Aussies) with an impromptu visit to Rangihoua Estate - she called from Obsidian winery and the owners very kindly opened up just for us - and we're still enjoying their award-winning, delicious Frantoio Blend. Christine was very clear in all communication prior to, and during the tour. We knew what was included (tour, wine tasting, etc) and what wasn't (ferry and lunch). Christine is a wonderful host who personalised the day for us, and we felt a little sorry for the folk getting off the Fullers coach behind us for a whistle-stop photo opportunity. We had a wonderful day on the island and highly recommend See Waiheke Tours. We'll be back.

1 Thank Maha I
San Diego, California
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“A little expensive for what you get.”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I had difficulty deciding whether or not to even write a review for this company. The owner Christine responded quickly and politely to all my emails (of which there was many). She answered all my questions instantly before the trip. Yet when there were several changes that came up within days of my arrival to New Zealand I wasn't sent any notice. We (seemed to have been) booted from the regular van and placed in a rental van. I cannot compare one van from the other since I didn't see what Christine drives around in but the rental van was quite dirty. My daughter was afraid to lend back in the chair for fear of getting dirty herself. Jeri, our new driver was very friendly and I did enjoy our day with her and the three other gals that were on caravan with us (didn't know them - they hired Christine's services a few days before). We were driven to beautiful lookout spots where we exited the van and took several pictures. These are locations I'm not sure I could have found on my own so having someone with island experience was worth the money. The winery we selected for our lunch stop must have gotten booked by a large party since it was "closed to the public" on the day we visited. Again, an email from Christine informing me of a change beforehand would have been nice instead of hearing about the restaurant change from one of the gals on the tour. The new lunch stop selected for us was a bit pricey (over $50NZD with my daughter and I sharing a dish). I wish there was better communication throughout otherwise it was a very pleasant day.

Visited November 2012
Waihekian, Owner at See Waiheke Tours, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Hi Andrea. Thanks for your review. I feel very sad that your vehicle was not clean. If I have more people than I can fit into my tour car then I hire a similar van from here on the Island. The Rental Company are usually very good and always give me their best car. I will talk to them about your experience and take all you have said under advisement. I am always striving to make my guests experience as positive as possible here and I agree with you that good communication is everything. Thanks for your feedback.
I am glad that you found Waiheke a stunning place and that Geri looked after you well, so there is something good you can take out of your tour in spite of the car!
Warm regards Christine
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A Great Day Out”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This was to be just a day out on Waiheke for Mum, Dad and two kids (6 & 4) on holiday in Auckland from Sydney with Grandma and Papa from the UK in tow. Unknown to us all, Dad had booked a tour with See Waiheke so we were met off the ferry by Christine and treated to the most wonderful tour of the island, its beaches, headlands, history and wineries. This lady, as a Waiheke resident, obviously knows her patch but what was most impressive was the way she tailored the tour to her customers. Our two children enjoyed visits to the swings at two beaches and a climb up the hill amongst the vines with Christine as their energetic guide at one winery. In the meantime the adults sampled some of the best wines Waiheke has to offer at the Obsidian and Kennedy Point vineyards where we were welcomed as friends and offered every help and kindness by the proprietors. En route between venues we learnt a lot about local life, picked the island homes we would love to own and visited the amazing rooster colony where some of the noisier residents live on a roadside away from human habitation. A late lunch (not included in the tour price, as well understood beforehand) was taken at Cable Bay, delicious tapas style dishes and, of course, excellent wines. Then, with two tired youngsters to think about, we reluctantly asked Christine to get us to the earlier ferry back to Auckland and so she did. A great day, full of interest and fun, conducted by a very professional and personable lady. And, as a mark of her dedication to customer satisfaction, we just received an e-mail informing us our lost camera bag will be at the Auckland ferry terminal tomorrow morning! Thank you Christine.

1 Thank James S