“Outstanding Tour & Hosts”
Review of Ananda Tours

and up
Full-Day Waiheke Island Food and Wine Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Ananda Tours is a specialist Waiheke Island Tour Company with over 15 years experience in customised, unique tour experiences. We offer personalised, flexible itineraries designed to showcase the best of the Island’s natural beauty, vineyards and art culture. Discover Waiheke Island’s award-winning boutique wineries and locally produced gourmet delights, while enjoying an informed commentary by one of our professional, local guides. Small groups and personalised service ensure you get the most out of your Waiheke experience.Half and full day tours available.
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Had a brilliant tour of Waiheke Island with Nick. The booking was seamless as I bought the ferry tickets through Ananda, picked them up at the ferry dock and arrived on the island where Ananda was waiting as promised. Nick was great in outlining lunch options, booking lunches and offering thoughts on the different food options available in the village. The tour van was great and Nick clearly knew the island, the wineries and the history. I can't recommend Ananda enough ... The online booking was simple, they texted me to make sure I was able to collect my ferry ticket, coordinated lunch, got us back on time as promised and followed up afterwards to make sure we'd enjoyed our day - outstanding personal service!! Awesome, awesome day!!

1  Thank Jedavan
in 12 reviews
"booked this tour"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Our tour guide was Steve. Steve was knowledgeable and a friendly and really charming guide. we arrived around 11:00 am, Steve took us to enjoy amazing views, a really nice time tasting olive oil, it was fantastic to learn more about the extra virgin oil process. Then we went for lunch. in the afternoon, we spent an awesome time doing zipline. It was a great day. I will definitely recommend ananda tour.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Waiheke is so beautiful, and the wine so delicious it's hard to do this wrong! the wineries we visited were well chosen and the vintners passionate and engaging.The day was a treat and well worth doing.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

My husband and I spent a lovely day of wine and little history of Waiheke Island on a tour with our guide and driver Nick. Nick was very knowledgeable and a friendly host. I could tell he genuinely loves the interaction with his customers.

The wineries/vineyards are all spot on. The proprietors are really passionate about their wines and embraces the needs of their customers. My personal favorite is the Kennedy Point vineyard (the owners are from Oahu). Sampled their olive oil too.
Our lunch at the Mudbrick was really good. Order the fish of the day, you won't regret it!

1  Thank dawno734