“Customer Service Second to None”
Review of Ananda Tours

and up
The Essence of Waiheke Wine Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Ananda Tours is a specialist Waiheke Island Tour Company with over 15 years experience in customised, unique tour experiences. We offer personalised, flexible itineraries designed to showcase the best of the Island’s natural beauty, vineyards and art culture. Discover Waiheke Island’s award-winning boutique wineries and locally produced gourmet delights, while enjoying an informed commentary by one of our professional, local guides. Small groups and personalised service ensure you get the most out of your Waiheke experience.Half and full day tours available.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had made a booking with Ananda Tours to visit Waiheke Island, and do a winery tour. Right from the outset Brooke at Ananda Tours was helpful with my enquires and the booking. Her replies to my questions were prompt and I felt very comfortable booking with this company.

Unfortunately, however, we were unable to come to NZ due to a significant illness in our immediate family. Both Brooke and Jenny bent over backwards to refund all of our money (and onto another credit card due to the original one being stolen!)

This company was so friendly, so professional, and so caring. I would not hesitate to recommend them or to use them again if and when we do get back to NZ.

anandajenny, Owner at Ananda Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Hi,
We were very sorry you couldn't make it to NZ and Waiheke Island on this occasion.
We send our compassion to you and your family.
We hope for full recovery for your family member and to see you sometime in the future, on the Island, drinking wine and having fun.

All reviews
in 13 reviews
"afternoon tour"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Many thanks to our guide Nigel who introduced us to the beautiful Waiheke Island. He was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. We look forward to returning.

anandajenny, Owner at Ananda Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thanks for your review and letting us know you enjoyed your day out on the Island with Nigel.
Since starting the tour company 13 years ago we have enjoyed learning about all aspects of wine making and viticulture around the world. Its great to share information we have learned and also to learn from those we take on our tours out about their experiences and travels.

Waiheke has some excellent vineyards and wonderful wines, as you discovered.
We look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I booked this tour for a group of friends on the advice of a Waiheke local. Ananda tours took care of our ferry tickets as well as the winery tours. We were treated to a really lovely day. Our host, Steve, greeted us as we stepped off the ferry and ushered us to a spotless, comfortable van as our transport. The plan was to visit three wineries, as we hadn't made arrangements for lunch, Steve gave us some advice and then made the booking for our chosen lunch venue. Not only did we sample some delicious wines, olives and olive oil in beautiful and relaxed surroundings, but we had a tour of the island and some of the history. Tasting portions were generous and each winery offered many varieties. As the day progressed and we got increasingly merry Steve kept us on track, without chivvying or making us feel rushed. In all this was a great day out and I would recommend Ananda Tours to anyone interested in wine on Waiheke.

Waiheke Island is a great place for a get away weekend with a group of friends.
I'm glad you enjoyed your day out with Steve and the visits to the vineyards and lunch venue.
Your review is very positive and we appreciate the time and thought you have put into it.
I hope it is useful for others considering a visit to Waiheke.
Love to see you back again sometime soon

Reviewed August 20, 2013

My mum was visiting for the first time from the UK and as I hadn't been to Waiheke before, I thought it would be a nice Mother - Daughter trip to stay a couple of nights on the Island with a wine tour included.

From the minute I contacted the lovely Jenny at Ananda the whole booking was managed perfectly. We stayed for a couple of nights at the gorgeous Punga Lodge and enjoyed a super wine tour hosted by Nick. Nick was a brilliant guide to Waiheke and took us to some beautiful lookout points as well as the wineries whilst giving us lots of interesting information about the Island.

We were a little nervous before going on the tour but we spent the day with another Mother Daughter duo and we had a really fun day together. The wineries were not pretentious at all and it was lovely to visit the family run boutique wineries and of course sample the different wines!

After two nights we didn't want to leave but will definitely be back. I will always use Ananda tours to treat other visitors we have from the UK to a perfect day out!

Hi,
Thanks for your trip advisor review.
I remember you and your mum well and enjoyed meeting you both.
I'm glad you enjoyed your day out with Nick and especially being out with another Mum and daughter couple.
Hope you have lots of other friends visiting you this summer.!!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I cannot recommend this tour highly enough! My Mum and I were a bit nervous not knowing what to expect from a wine tour but our host Nick instantly put us at ease. Nick is such a friendly and knowledgable guy - about Waiheke, about wine and olive oil, current affairs, the rugby ... We had such a brilliant day, learnt so much and Nick went out of his way to make sure that ourselves and the other couple on the tour fit as much into our day as possible. There's so much more I could write but needless to say - if you're doing a wine tour for the first time or this is your fiftieth - it's a fantastic day. A great and reasonable way to treat someone or yourself.

anandajenny, Owner at Ananda Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Thank you for your very kind and generous review.
So glad that your mum and you enjoyed the day on the Island, the wine, the company and Nick your guide.
All our driver/ guides choose Waiheke as their home and are very passionate about showcasing the Island and sharing their local knowledge with guests and visitors.
Some people find winter is a good time to visit as there are less people at the vineyards and restaurants.
Hope you make it back again sometime soon.