“Was a very relaxing and enjoyable day lead by a professional tour guide.”
Review of Ananda Tours

and up
Private Waiheke Scenic Wine and Art Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Ananda Tours is a specialist Waiheke Island Tour Company with over 15 years experience in customised, unique tour experiences. We offer personalised, flexible itineraries designed to showcase the best of the Island’s natural beauty, vineyards and art culture. Discover Waiheke Island’s award-winning boutique wineries and locally produced gourmet delights, while enjoying an informed commentary by one of our professional, local guides. Small groups and personalised service ensure you get the most out of your Waiheke experience.Half and full day tours available.
Reviewed February 12, 2012

It was very well handled and made for a relaxing and informative day. Highly recommended.

Reviewed February 4, 2012

Paul, our guide, was interesting and funny, and we visited some lovely and interesting wineries.
We had at lunch at Te Whau (pronounced Te Fau) which was the best meal we had in New Zealand with spectacular views.
Kennedy point was a nice estate and the wine there was delicious too.

Reviewed February 4, 2012

Was booked on the Gourmet Wine and Food Tour but did not get any food. When I asked the tour guide about it, he sounded surprised and tried to talk his way out of it. Only after not being able to describe what the company offers on Gourmet Wine and Food tours did he realise that he should quit bluffing and call his boss. After visiting the second vineyard, he came back to say that my wife and I were indeed on the Gourmet Food and Wine tour ... and of course, still no sign of gourmet food that was promised on the brochure (and the other guest in the same tour group was booked on the Essence of Wine Tour). I did not want to make a scene, so I just left things as they were and carried on with the tour.
We were then dropped off at a lovely vineyard for lunch (Lunch at the Mudbrick is a must!!). The tour guide said that we would get to taste some wine with our lunch but again, this didn't materialize. When I told the tour guide about it after lunch, he said that there was nothing he could do about it ("It isn't my problem to sort this out. It's my boss' problem. I will tell her about it and you should write to her to ask for a refund.").
We were then rushed off to the ferry terminal because the guide was rushing to pick up his teenage son on the 4 pm ferry. The rushing from point to point was a characteristic of the tour.
When we got back to the hotel, I wrote to the company about the experience and was hopeful that someone would explain what happened (I didn't ask for a refund as suggested by the tour guide). But I haven't heard from them after more than a week.

3  Thank TropicalKwek
anandajenny, Owner at Ananda Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2012

Thankyou for taking the time to review our tours on Waiheke Island.
I am extremely sorry your tour experience was disappointing and did not live up to your expectation.
I have searched all our emails and am unable to find any correspondence from you to our company expressing your concerns about your tour. Had I received such an email I would have responded to you immediately, as I have upon seeing this review on Trip Advisor.
Our company takes pride in show casing Waiheke Island in a relaxed, friendly, flexible manner always going the extra mile for our visitors and guests.

I have refunded your payment in full. Please accept my apologies for a less than perfect day.

Kind regards
Jenny McDonald
Owner
Ananda Tours Ltd

Reviewed January 30, 2012

an excellent day out visiting 3 vineyards, sampling the wine along the way, with someone else driving. a good selection of very varied vineyards, nice to meet the owners in some cases and take a glass of wine up the hill for a view. Thoroughly recommend. Had lunch at Mudbrick ( additional cost), not cheap but very good.

Reviewed January 18, 2012

We booked a wine tasting tour at short notice from the tour desk at the Ferry Terminal in Auckland. We got a personalized afternoon tour of three good wineries with a good lunch at the third. We saw the Fuller's Tours come and go in 20 to 40 seater buses while we enjoyed wineries suiting our timing with our guide. Well worth the extra dollars to go with Ananda Tours.