“Fab food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Le Cafe
Ranked #8 of 42 Restaurants in Picton
Cuisines: Cafe, European, New Zealand
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Fab food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

The sort of place you may walk past but shouldn't. Good location near the harbour and fab food. Menu limited but still something for everyone. Elderflower sorbet out of this world!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Berkeley, Gloucestershire, UK
“Who's have thought it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

A totally informal and unpretentious establishment, Le Café produced the best food I had on my recent week long trip to Marlborough and Nelson, and I enjoyd a lot of very good food. I looked at the grilled asparagus with a mountain of green salad and thought there was no way I could through all of that before the main course, but the dressing was nectar and the next moment the plate was clean! The sirloin steak that followed was beautifully tender and cooked precisely how I asked for it (forget medium, rare or well-done - every chef has his own idea - I asked for pink but not bloody and nicely charred on the outside, and that is what I got). In the words of MacArthur, I shall return!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank TomFizzStevenson
“Great view of the bay and Holy Antipasti platter!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stopped here for lunch and really enjoyed this café. It’s pretty casual (Order at the counter), but the food is freshly made and the staff is very friendly and helpful. You must sit outside, because it has great views of the water and you can enjoy of people watching. As a vegetarian I had several choices, but since it was lunch I went with the soup of the day, and a salad. We split the antipasti platter to start and it was more than enough for 2 people… we forced ourselves to finish it because all the cheeses and meats were excellent quality. My meal was equally delicious, clearly made from scratch with fresh ingrediants. They also have a nice selection of local beer and wine.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Mixed Results...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

We had time before our ferry to Wellington so we decided to stop here for lunch. Service was good - you basically order at the bar and they deliver it. The spicy soup was good, the steak had a weird flavoring so it was kind of a mixed experience

Picton, New Zealand
“Our favourite local”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

We are locals and use Le Cafe for almost all our eating out, meeting and greeting people. Love the food, the wine list, the ambiance, the locale and the great variety of music.

• Visited October 2013