“Great little restaurant.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Le Cafe
Ranked #8 of 42 Restaurants in Picton
Cuisines: Cafe, European, New Zealand
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great little restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Great little restaurant. The food is great and the service fast and friendly. There was magazines to browse through and lovely outdoor seating, with a great view.

Visited March 2013

“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Walked around Picton after checking into our hotel looking for a quick, nice and fresh meal. Which is exactly what we got after deciding to dine at le cafe! I was with my mother who ordered the steak which she said tasted amazing it was also well presented! I ordered a pasta dish with blue cheese sauce and everything about it was great! Thank you le cafe was a great meal :)

Oslo, Norway
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

I'm a backpacker and stopped in beautiful Picton on my way from Wellington to Christchurch, and I'm not in any way sorry that I did. First of all, the cosy and picturesque little town was worth at least a day in itself, and second, I ended up at the great Le Cafe for dinner. I was in the Irish pub around the corner asking about a good restaurant that would still be open (they close early in Picton, around 8 p.m.), and they came up with Le Cafe. I went there at about 9 p.m., and they were about to close, putting chairs on tables, but one guy saw the despair on my face and mildly asked me what I was looking for. A good dinner, I told him, and he then asked what kind of food I was interested in. Fish, I said, because I had my mind set on a good fish dish. No problem, he said, and I suddenly pictured the scene in the movie "Léon" where Jean Reno finally opens the door and we see the light from inside as he lets Natalie Portman in. He seated me at a table before entering the kitchen, came back and chatted with me until the food arrived - and then let me enjoy it by myself. It turned out this was the manager/owner, and fifteen minutes after entering the restaurant I was a sole customer enjoying the best meal of fish (grouper) I've had for quite some time - and being from Norway, I know my fish. Peter, the owner, was a really sweet guy and after closing time and my meal, he treated me to a couple of beers on the house while we talked about life, death and love. Truly a memorable evening. For me, at least.

• Visited February 2013
Rotorua, New Zealand
“Innovative and welcoming!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Have been frequenting this restaurant for the past few years whenever passing through Picton. Consistently great quality in food and service despite the 'casual' first impression looks. Amazing how this combination of local product and the mix of international and local staff and expertise works so well over a long period of time. Have never been disappointed with any meal, regardless whether it was on my own , with friends or entertaining clients from overseas. Thank you Peter & all the staff!

• Visited February 2013
leeds
“Wellcoming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Le Café down to earth and none pretentious they don't fuss but they do deliver a great service and very good food, one young lady serving was English she was called Charlie, and she made an effort to ensure all customers were treated to the best service possible. price, value, quality and service is 10/10

Visited January 2013