“My Favorite Part of New Zealand”

Queen Charlotte Track
Ranked #2 of 34 things to do in Picton
Japan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“My Favorite Part of New Zealand”
Reviewed April 2, 2008

I just finished walking the Queen Charlotte Track and loved every minute of it! I went on a guided walk with Natural Encounters. Greg, our tour guide, was very knowledgeable about the flora and fauna of New Zealand. It was fun not only to see all the beautiful sights of the Queen Charlotte Track, but also know what I was looking at, and some of the history behind it. Greg’s knowledge and sense of humor made the walk enjoyable, and I would recommend it to anyone. Because of the small size of our group we were all able to get to know each other, and it felt more like walking with friends, rather than walking with a tour group. It was by far my favorite part of my trip in New Zealand. The exquisite and pristine beauty of the Marlborough Sounds was almost indescribable. I loved it!

1 Thank TexasGal_Red

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
England
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Brilliant mountain biking or walking”
Reviewed February 22, 2006

The Queen Charlotte Track is a superb route through natural vegetation including fantastic tree ferns. Everywhere there are lovely views of the Marborough Sounds. I think it's great that both mountain bikers and walkers can enjoy it.
We hired some good quality bikes from The Marborough Sounds Adventure Company in Picton, before catching the water taxi to Waterfall Bay. From here it was a reasonably easy 2 hours riding to Anakiwa, where we had a swim and waited for the excellent water taxi back to Picton. This has to be one of the most enjoyable rides ever.
If you have more time there is a lot more of the track to walk or ride, including some big climbs and descents.
Definately one of the highlights of our holiday!

3 Thank M.R.Carr