“Great stay”
Review of Gateway Motel

Gateway Motel
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Picton
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed at the Gateway Motel in Picton and I enjoyed my stay that I will be back. The friendly reception by Chris & Kerri when I arrived put me in the right mood for my stay & the condition of my room was excellent. They were very helpful with any help I needed & Kent who is taking over the place was great to talk to & also very friendly & helpful. They made me feel very welcome & have a good laugh with them too.
They do make you want to come back & I will better all my friends & family know that if in Picton then that's the place to stay..

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,028)

Reviewed November 22, 2012

This is a top excellent hotel. I have been in many hotels in the west and Europe and I would
rate it very highly. It is not only about the place being clean, comfortable, and upgraded for no reason.
It is about the commitment of the people running it Chris Kent, Kerri. They help you with your requests.
We had a problem with booked track. They not only helped us sort it out – they gave us lift, explained to us, provided alternative that worked. In addition, all their help comes with dedication, you do not feel you are burdening them. So, it is not about the free wifi (which for us was very important) and not about free ride from the train station – just really feeling at home and taken care of. Recommend the Gateway
very much. It is just at the heart of Picton, two steps from the boats and Queen Charlotte tracks.

Room Tip: Just talk to Chris, the manager owner and you get one better than you booked (:
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2012

What a fantastic place to say with awesome people. We book in 8 truck drivers at last minutes notice nothing was a hassle. We stay there for a week Chris & Kerri (Kent) made our stay feel like it was home away from home. They worked the cleaning around our shifts. Motel is in walking distance to anything you need
So makes it easy for people that have no transport. I would fully recommend the gateway motel to anyone.

Thanks guys for having us look forward to the next time we stay.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Gateway Motel while travelling through Picton. The hostess, host, and staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. We had studio unit, which was very well equipped, clean, and comfortable. The location of the motel in Picton was ideal--right on the main street with ample restaurants and shops, with the bus stops, ferry terminals, and water only minutes away. We were incredibly happy with out experience, and highly recommend the Gateway Motel to anyone planning on a stay in Picton.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

We booked this hotel based on TA reviews, and had a great experience as well. Perfect hotel for our night in Picton after the ferry ride. It's located on the main drag in Picton, and close to it all. Pretty basic accommodations, but great service, location and value.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We arrived off the Ferry from Wellington to find the most friendly and helpful service my wife and I have ever encountered. New management (Kent) is superb - even down to giving us foil and lemons to cook fish on the BBQ.

The units are exceptionally clean and have just been refurbished. I am recommending this place to my friends and colleagues.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2012

we went from blenheim to picton to have a day on a yacht. we booked into gateway motel so we could get on the turps. right from the time of booking our hosts were more than helpful to say the least. firstly running us to and from waikawa bay in there courteous shuttle. then offering our group a free room as we had three couples in one room which awsome we certainly did not expect this. the rooms were furbished very well with a lovely balcony looking over the main street of picton great location.we would definatly recomend a stay at this great motel with lovely freindly hosts. helen and lou

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Picton
Picton Beachcomber Inn
Chateau Marlborough
Chateau Marlborough
#5 of 32 in Blenheim
Harbour View Motel Picton

Been to Gateway Motel? Share your experiences!