“Lovely stop for ferry travellers”
Review of Gateway Motel

Gateway Motel
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Picton
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I organiseded for my daughter to stay here and found owners very helpful over the phone with my queries answered in friendly informative manner. She found the unit very clean and comfortable and so central. She also found the owners friendly and is keen to stay there again next time she is using ferry. I definitely recommend this motel as living up to all the tripadvisor reviews and great place to use as either base or stop over depending on where you are heading to.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed one night on our way home from our North Island holiday, service was brilliant, both when I initially emailed to ask about the best room option for my husband, myself and our three young children including a 3 mth old baby, I received a response promptly with two options. Booking was very easy. Service on arrival was great, even offering to help carry our bags to the room. Would recommend Gateway motel Picton to anyone

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in picton after catching the ferry from Wellington. We arrived at 9pm and then left the following morning. We did not realise what a gorgeous town picton was and really wish we stayed longer! We were so happy to arrive at the gateway hotel! We were in a room that has been completely updated with a new beautiful bathroom, kitchen facilities and new furniture! The owners had made sure the heater was turned on before we arrived so our room was warm and cosy after a busy day! The owners were so friendly and made us feel very welcome! Next time we visit we will stay longer and catch a day ferry so we can see appreciate the sights coming into picton.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights, the room was large and very clean, the owners were very friendly and easy to talk to, lovely guy was Daryl. We will be staying here any time we go to picton, on the main street every thing is easy to get to. A stones throw from anywhere.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2012

My husband and I found everything very clean, tidy, and comfortable and we were made most welcome during our 3 night stay recently.
This accomodation is very central to all amenities and we will stay there again and recommend it to others.
P.S. I first stayed there in 1974 and enjoyed it then too.

Room Tip: If you are challenged by having to climb stairs request a downstairs unit just as i did.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2012

my husband and l and another couple stayed here for four nights. The location was excellent as it is right in the middle of the town. All the eating places, supermarket, shops are right there, you don't need to use the car alot. The place is really clean and the staff are so friendly and helpful. The bed was so comfortable. would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking the town they get the afternoon sun and have large decks.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

I really enjoyed staying here. The location could not be more convenient and everything met my expectation. The hotel is close to the docks, the supermarket and many shops and restaurants. Free and fast wireless Internet was very useful too.

• Stayed: October 2012