“Average”

Picton Yacht Club Hotel
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Picton
“Average”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Everything about this hotel was average - except the location which was excellent.
Average rooms.
Average service.
Average staff.

Nothing terrible, nothing wonderful. Take your chances I guess...

I won't again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
ParkRegisPicton, Manager at Picton Yacht Club Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Matthew M,

I am very disappointed to hear that the service you received from our staff during your stay was average. Although some of our rooms are older in style, we do pride ourselves in great customer service and so I will be passing your comments onto the team. We are looking forward to having a refurbishment this year which will freshen up our older style rooms.

Warm Regards

Park Regis Picton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Korean first
Fort Mohave, Arizona
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Stayed one night here and we were very pleased with our 3rd. floor room, even had a balcony. Nice comfortable beds. Staff were very nice! Restaurant is a bit expensive, would advise going into town, pub or down near the harbor. Had a nice Happy Hour downstairs from the restaurant from 5-7 p.m. Very close to the railway station and ferry's, just a 10 minute walk. Would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
ParkRegisPicton, General Manager at Picton Yacht Club Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Bobby31225,

I am very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I see you’ve made good use of the balcony by taking some great photos. We look forward to hosting you again in the future, next time hopefully with better weather!
Thanks!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

I would not recommend this place. Staff are fine but our room had a weird bed that did not fit between the side tables (too small, queen bed when we paid for a king), fleas and a horrible buzzing noise that will keep you up if you are not completely zonked. 2/10 from me...

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Andrew C,

I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your time with us. We are due for a refurbishment this year that will give our rooms a newer, more modern look.
We have received comments about a buzzing noise before and have found it to be coming from the ships in the harbour.

In regards to your mention of fleas, I have gone through our manager logs and have been unable to find any comments in regards to this so I must assume it was not reported. Your comment is the first of its kind and it is of course an issue we take very seriously. A full investigation will be under-taken, I would appreciate if you could contact me directly with more information by e-mailing me at gmprpi@parkregishotels.com.

With Regards

Park Regis Picton

Travelers are raving about these Picton hotels

Adelaide
Reviewed April 22, 2014

This hotel, whilst a little tired, is very well located just a stones throw from the railway station & ferry wharf. The staff were friendly & helpful & the rooms clean. We had some drinks in the bar with a chatty barman & a nice casual meal.

Room Tip: water views are best
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
ParkRegisPicton, General Manager at Picton Yacht Club Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear exhostieAdelaide,

Thank you for remembering to write a review about your experience with us. It looks as though you have done a fair bit of travel so to receive a positive review from you really makes my day.
As you have mentioned, some parts of the hotel have yet to undergo refurbishment but we do have plans to rectify this in the near future. I will pass on your comments to the team as they are always eager to hear encouraging feedback and will be delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

I hope you continue to enjoy your travels and we hope to see you back in the Marlborough region one day.

With best wishes

New Plymouth, New Zealand
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I definitely wouldn't recommend this Hotel. Apart from the Staff and the Soap in the Shower EVERYTHING else was terrible. 5 Channels is considered cable TV (Freeview has more than that), Internet is only free for 30 mins while sitting in the Lobby. While the beds are clean and comfortable, hospitals have bigger single beds. The Hotel looks grand and in areas looks like it has been revamped - our room was a corner with NO nothing, just a tiny window. Parking is 'first come first served" and I specifically asked if the car park had security .... Nope! I got this booking on a "super deal" (apparantly) - pay a bit more elsewhere, it would be worth it.

Room Tip: If you insist on staying here and have a choice, I could only assume that a room with a "balcon...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear C B,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry your experience with us did not meet your expectations in some areas.

We provide a range of channels including Sky Movies, Sky Sport One and The Box in addition to the standard TV channels. We find this selection suits most travellers although I can understand you may be used to more at home. Our one bedroom Apartment and Penthouse provide full sky channels (except SOHO) in addition to modern facilities and a kitchen.
We understand how important internet is to any traveller, we provide both WIFI and cabled internet access throughout the hotel with limited complimentary access available in our public areas. We are currently reviewing our internet across all the New Zealand Staywell Properties and hope to offer free internet throughout all hotels in the near future.
I am sorry your room did not have a balcony, unfortunately we have 7 rooms in the hotel that do not have balconies. The Front Desk team are always happy to accommodate any request or issue with any of our rooms and would have been happy to move you to a room with a balcony.
We are fortunate with our location here in Picton in that we have the most car parking (40 spaces) available compared to any other accommodation provider. It is free of charge and not covered which is why as you have mentioned it is available on a ‘first come first served’ basis. The car park is not secured, we do encourage guests who have valuable personal items to store these in the hotel itself if there are any concerns. We can offer secure overnight (9pm – 11am) parking for motorcycles on-site should anyone wish to make use of this.
Once again I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and your kind comments about the team (and the soap!). It is always good to receive feedback so we may review our standards and it helps us better serve future guests.
Warm regards

Morrinsville, New Zealand
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Really really impressed with Park Regis. My husband and I stayed before ferry booking in the morning.
Reception was friendly and informative. We got upgraded At no charge. Rooms were clean and bedding immaculate.
was so nice to sit on lovely deck with glass of wine and dinner and relax looking out over the sounds. Just beautiful.
We will definately being booking in again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
ParkRegisPicton, General Manager at Picton Yacht Club Hotel, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear John and Fee,

It is such a delight to read your review, thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. Our Ocean View rooms always prove very popular, as you have mentioned they are the perfect place to end the day while soaking in the views over the harbour.

All of us here at the Park Regis Picton constantly strive to provide a product and service that ensures all our guests have a relaxing time so it is great to hear we will be seeing you again. Please do not hesitate in contacting myself at gmprpi@parkregishotels.com when the time comes for you to book your return visit.

Auckland
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I wouldn't say that the professional photos of the Park Regis are a lie but they are quite far from my experience, making the hotel look massive and very grand. We stayed in a very tired room with a horrible bathroom with chipped basin etc and a very tired kitchen area. The location was fine but then I think almost anything in Picton would be fine - it's not that big!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
ParkRegisPicton, General Manager at Picton Yacht Club Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear 342Jenny

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Our hotel has 48 guest rooms, the Boatshed Bar, Chartroom Restaurant and the only heated outdoor pool in Picton. I am sorry if you feel this is reflected incorrectly in our photos of the hotel.

One of the great aspects of TripAdvisor and other such online forums is that it does allow for travellers to post their own pictures should they feel like they wish to share.

It is disappointing that you were dissatisfied with your room and for this I am very sorry. I would greatly appreciate if you could email me at gmprpi@parkregishotels.com with the room number you were staying in and any additional comments you may have so we can investigate this further.