“What a find! We followed the locals and found this bakery!”

Picton Village Bakkerij
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Picton
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We came off the interisalnd ferry from Wellington and decided to find something delcious to eat before continuing our journey. A stroll around the waterfront past the cafes there did not tempt us.
Locals were emerging from a side street with small brown paperbags. We inquired and were directed to the Picton Village Bakkerij. Wow! Even though it was 2.30pm, there was such a tempting array of freshly baked goodies that choice was difficiult. Their steak pies are crammed with real meat, the slices we shared were as delicious as they looked. The coffee was excellent. We enjoyed our late lunch in their sunny courtyard.
Next morning I was happily on my way to buy our breakfast. Yummy again! It is worth finding this bakery! Locals will direct you! It is about 4 minutes walk from the sea side.

There are newer reviews for Picton Village Bakkerij

Reviewed August 3, 2012

It would be worth moving to Picton just to have daily access to this Bakery, we went daily for the 3 days in Picton for this incrediuble food.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Got a steak and kidney pie:Pie pastry was not cooked and kidney pieces were too big: No outside rubbish bins provided:

Sarah O, Manager at Picton Village Bakkerij, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Hi there,

I'm sorry to see you had a less than ideal experience at our Bakery. As a result of your feedback we are getting additional rubbish bins for our outdoor seating area (and introducing recycling bins for customer use - we already have them in our production area), and I have passed on your comments about your pie to our bakers. I do apologise for the standard of the pie - if it wasn't up to your standard it won't be up to ours.

I appreciate your feedback as it helps us to know what we can improve upon. Thank you, and I do hope you come back to visit us again one day.

Sarah O'Bryan
Bakery Manager

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Fresh bread and pastries guaranteed to help you with slimming! We stocked here before our trip around the South Island, unfortunately we could not find a bakery with the same standard throughout our stay.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Amazing food i wish i lived in picton so i could have the Bakkerij as my local bakery.

1  Thank James N