“Good food, lively atmosphere, stylish decor, with a view of the pier”
Review of Cafe Cortado

Cafe Cortado
Ranked #3 of 43 Restaurants in Picton
Cuisines: European, Pizza, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cafe Cortado is located on the Picton waterfront with beautiful views over Queen Charlotte Sound and Picton marina. We have spacious outdoor and indoor dining areas. Our a-la-carte menus include fresh nz seafood including our delicious creamy seafood chowder and our very popular seafood platter. We use free range chicken and eggs in our menus and everything is cooked from scratch. We are the restaurant of choice for our local community for breakfast, lunch, dinner, pizzas, tapas as well as our wine and beer selection.
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Cortado's decor was modern and stylish, its view was a pleasant reminder of its waterfront location, its wait staff was attentive in spite of it being busy, and, most importantly, its food was good.

Based on the mixed reviews on Trip Advisor, I was skeptical of getting a good meal here, but the menu looked okay so we gave it a go. We're glad we did. We didn't just have a good meal, but also good evening in this lively and relaxed restaurant. The only missing ingredient was a sunny day outside.

When we arrived we noticed that most of the customers seemed to be eating pizza, so how could we resist? Neither of us eat much pizza, so we just ordered a small vegetarian pizza to share (they also had a gluten-free option). The pizza was loaded with cheese, but yummy. My husband ate most of it. For a second course, I ordered the Chilean seafood stew, which contained fish, tiny shrimp, mussels, and small strips of squid in what seemed to be a broth of wine, fish stock, and tomato paste. It was tasty and satisfying, like good home cooking. Instead of a main dish, my husband ordered the entree of scallops on grilled chorizo & parsnip puree, which he was happy with. He paired this with a glass of Two Rivers Rose, while I had a glass of Peregrine Riesling.

Don't go here expecting fine dining or a "wow" meal, just good simple food with uncomplicated flavors in an agreeable setting.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

being a ;local I look for value being a pensioner and the muffin or scone coffee/tea deal is the sharpest in town, and the staff are very friendly too.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We looked around Picton for hours before deciding on this restaurant .
We where not dissapionted , food and service as advertised.

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Called in for breakfast told 5 mins to finish then I had to say where I was sitting before I could pay. At that point on my own so had not decided. Advice be warmer to your customers they might come back also had eggs benedict with mushrooms "kind of stingy portion"

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Ordered takeaway pizza on recommendation of motel manager - not disappointed - quick service tasty pizza on a thin base. Looked like a nice place to eat it was busy which is always a good sign - would use again.