“nice!”

Ranked #3 of 43 Restaurants in Picton
Cuisines: European, Pizza, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cafe Cortado is located on the Picton waterfront with beautiful views over Queen Charlotte Sound and Picton marina. We have spacious outdoor and indoor dining areas. Our a-la-carte menus include fresh nz seafood including our delicious creamy seafood chowder and our very popular seafood platter. We use free range chicken and eggs in our menus and everything is cooked from scratch. We are the restaurant of choice for our local community for breakfast, lunch, dinner, pizzas, tapas as well as our wine and beer selection.
Reviewed May 13, 2013

good time on a sunny day !
Good food, excellent mussels andvery good mushroom sauce with the chicken !
Very nice people in a nice spot !

Reviewed May 1, 2013

The food was great & so was the service, very friendly & professional. Good scenery too. My husband & I had the perfect dinner & breakfast here. Would go back any day to eat here.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We arrived late into Picton, and were most happy that we found the Café Cordado. A nice place to wind up a busy day -- full of happy diners.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I stopped here for a drink around dinner time as it looked like a popular place and had a good location and the end of town opposite waterfront. We were lucky enough to get a table on the footpath and I ordered drinks.
We had spirits with coke, unfortunately the coke was flat. This was really disappointing and we were going to just drink it and leave, however, for the price we paid, I decided to bring it to staff attention and went back to the bar and was served again by the same young female staff member. I explained the problem only to be told that she had opened a new bottle. This was not true as I had noticed it two-thirds empty when she picked it up to pour it - I'm not calling her a liar as she may have mistaken me for another guest. However, her attitude was appalling and she seemed very put out as though the coke was coming out of her own pocket. She also asked 'which drink I wanted replaced' even though I took both drinks back. I replied 'oh just do my husbands then' (I'm unaccustomed to making complaints) and drank mine but certainly did not enjoy it. This staff member succeeded in losing two dinner customers.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Loved your Cortado pizza. The service is first class,happy staff make guests feel good.Nice warm heaters out side which give a nice vibe.