“Pub”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Whangarei, New Zealand
“Pub”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Nice welcome service with good pub food.Very nice gentleman at the front counter

Visited May 2012

West Wyalong, Australia
“Good food, nice vibe”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We walked past this pub on our first night in Picton and it seemed quite lively. We ate there on our second night, and imagine our surprise when then menu (and subsequently, the food) was almost identical to 'The Barn', a place down the road where we had eaten the night before (I'm assuming it's the same owner), but a few dollars cheaper. But this didn't worry us too much, as the food was pretty good, particularly the gravy. We both had fish and chips, but didn't stay long. Staff seemed friendly. I'd eat there again.

• Visited March 2012
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Australia
“Not very Scottish!!”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

This was just a sports bar/ pub with the standard beers on tap. There was nothing "Scottish" about it apart from a poster onthe wall.

Visited April 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
“Manager had no PR skills”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

"Mgr Guy" (not professional in any way) who greeted (not) had no people skills whatever.

We, as regular, small group tour operators, are usually easy to please, esp when we have history with previous owners. When we like a place we try to come back... we loved this place last year!!!

We had decided to still go after our local guide told us they didn't have our original booking and THEN re confirmed our booking... A large table was set up in the window and EVERYONE in the bar stared when we came in (were we the floor show?) I am 62 and the group was our senior travel club. Mind you the manager certainly was not young, arrogant but not young.

I later heard he was Not the owner, but, related to the owner, he was so rude, telling me we had not booked when I had email from previous people welcoming us back!!! Last year 20 people had a great time!

However, whoever he was, was nasty and was about to tell us his rules (like sit down and shut up).He was so rude to me, my husband told him, nobody speaks to my wife like that...
Since I pay the bills, our group were more than happy to leave and have a lovely meal at White Elephant across the street, not pub meal, a real restaurant...that nasty manager lost over $400 for his boss with no returns! plus drinks! (I can still see his face, when we as one got up and left..) Our travel club are like family,he had treated me like an idiot (woman) but guess who pays the bills! WE were customers for this business "not the enemy for sure"

A real shame as last year was GREAT... Staff can make or break a business for sure.

We had decided to still go after our local guide re confirmed our booking... A large table was set up in the window and EVERYONE in the bar stared when we came in (were we the floor show?) I am 62 and the group was our senior travel club.

However, whoever he was was nasty and was about to tell us his rules (like sit down and shut up).He was so rude to me, my husband told him, nobody speaks to my wife like that...
Our group were happy to leave and have a lovely meal at White Elephant across the street, not pub meal, a real restaurant...that nasty manager lost over $400 for his boss with no returns!

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank kiwiconnection2016
Sunshine Coast
“Best value and quality of food is excellent”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

The seafood chowder, mussels in garlic, and fish and chips are hard to beat - these are usually on the daily specials for between 10 and 13 NZD. Staff are friendly and welcoming and it seems to be frequented mainly by locals. it is always buzzing around mealtimes and the atmosphere is cosy and homely.

Visited March 2012