“Great way to spend waiting for the Interislander”

Seabreeze Cafe & Bar
Ranked #7 of 44 Restaurants in Picton
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Local NZ seafood, wines and beers. A nautical theme and piano bar with view across the waterfront and Queen Charlotte Sound
Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

We stopped in here to have a brunch before we took the ferry across to Wellington as it was he first choice so didn’t expect much but was pleasantly surprised, food was great and service was also very nice! The birds outside were quite annoying, getting under the table and causing us to spill some coffee which was unfortunate. But overall great experience

1  Thank Adam v

Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

I’m a new local and have been twice for breakfast now. Both times I’ve seen a couple of the same locals present and the majority of customers have been local.
At this stage I have not observed any of what is mentioned in the admittedly numerous “terrible” reviews. Admittedly I haven’t been when it is flat out yet.
I have had poached free range eggs with salmon both times. I ask for them lightly done and within minutes they appear perfectly cooked with a generous amount of salmon and some fresh spinach along with sourdough. It is delicious!
My hot chocolate comes with the usual marshmallows but also a small mini chocolate bar.
The young women behind the counter and serving are friendly and patient.
They have a good range of nice looking cabinet food and the scones are large, popular and reasonably priced.

Reviewed July 10, 2018

This lovely place was a highlight of our stop in Picton. Fabulous views, friendly staff and excellent GF options. Thank you!

Reviewed July 2, 2018

The sea breeze cafe bar has a varied menu and a lovely view onto the Marlborough Sounds, we had a lovely,tasty bowl of home made tomato soup and a bowl of chips. We ate outside as the cafe was very busy,but I must warn you that you’ll have numerous birds fluttering around you waiting for some titbits,

Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

Warm and friendly. Staff were great. Fresh cheese scones and fabulous coffee. Lovely and warm with good outlook