“Good views over the Marina”
Review of Spinnaker Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2014

There are not many places in Picton where you will find good food and a good restaurant. This is well worth a try. It has beautiful views from the restaurant situated on the first floor level overlooking the Picton marina.
Usually the restaurant is busy and booking in advance is required, we went during the week in February and there was only one other group in an otherwise empty restaurant. Service was prompt and friendly. The food was of a high standard, the wild venison and chargrilled steak main course was superb. The seafood starter was very good too. The menu advertised on their website is not exactly the same as what is available when you eat at the restaurant.
We sat inside with a window overlooking the marina - good idea to book a window seat with your reservation. There were doors that opened up to the small decking area outside overlooking the marina, where there were a few tables and chairs, it looked more of an area where you could smoke and not sure if this area was also utilised for eating or not.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

The food was well cooked, I had the fish of the day, the vegetable fresh and the naughty pudding sticky date pudding suitably naughty!

I had a window view of the Marina, they play music but nice and unobtrusive and the atmosphere is quiet small parties having a gentle night out in pleasant surroundings.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We booked in advance for new years eve, the food and service were average for the price.
The outlook is wonderful but the service needs attention, long wait for our meals they seem to be short staffed. considering we booked in advance this should not have ben a problem. Hope the management attempt to improve the food qualtly and service as they have a lovely venue with so much promise.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

This restaurant is incredible! Picton is a small town, but this restaurant must have a large city chef. The restaurant is on the marina, on the second floor of a small business grouping of offices. I am rarely impressed with food, but was truly bowled over with my meal here. The atmosphere is fine. Linen covered tablecloths and every table has a view of the marina.

I am not a big fish eater, but thought I should order their fish of the day since I was in a port town. The fish was Tarakhi, a South Pacific whitefish. Holy moley! It was soooo good. It was served lightly breaded. It was seasoned, moist, flakey. MMMMMmmm. I would eat this fish everyday if this chef prepared it for me. It was served with small roasted potato wedges, salad and vegetables, all prepared perfectly. The vegetables were not overdone; crisp and tasty. I was completely full after the meal, but could not resist examining their desserts since the main course was so good. I ordered sticky plum pudding with caramel sauce and ice cream. The plum pudding is a steamed cake, about the size of a cupcake/muffin, served steaming hot with the caramel sauce over it. OMG. It was heaven.

1  Thank ElaineAntarctica
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Our motel recommended this restaurant for the view of the marina and the food. It is no frills decor and was pretty quiet when we went, but the food was superb. We enjoyed the view of yachts sailing around the bay too. Our wait staff was young but very capable.
I really enjoyed the venison.