“Nice ambience”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Nice ambience”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

The restaurant has a nice ambience with log fire and lounge seating around it.

The service is good. We ate at night so didn't see the view but it is right on the water's edge.

The food was lovely - especially the duck pate!

Visited May 2014

• Czech first
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Just Lovely and relaxed”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Great quality food, great location and atmosphere, there is also plenty of parking nearby which is a bonus on a busy weakened. This is the second time my wife and I dined at this restaurant, the food is exceptional, probably the best in Akaroa. Our only negative comment would that you tend to wait a relatively long time for your meal, we waited about 1 hour for our main meal after our entree's were cleared.

If you are not in a rush, want to enjoy the view with great food, then I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
Queenstown, New Zealand
“Cozy + Welcoming”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I had a lovely glass of wine in front of the roaring fire on Saturday afternoon. The happy hour wine was wonderful and the manager was engaging and welcoming! Will have to back for dinner next time!

Visited May 2014
Ireland
“Delicious!”
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Went here for lunch and we were not disappointed. I'd the spicy Turkish sandwich and my partner had the beef sandwich.. Both were absolutely delicious and we could not fault either. Prices are reasonable too compared with some other places around New Zealand. Recommended

Los Angeles
“Horrible Service”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We ate lunch here when our ship (Dawn Princess) stopped in Akaroa. Our understanding was that it was one of the nicer places in Akaroa which was certainly reflected in their prices. I ordered a fish and chips and my friend ordered a sandwich.

The waiter took our order and promptly forgot about us. When I finally got his attention 40 minutes later - and asked him why the food had taken 40 minutes, he started arguing with me about the time. Really? Its bad enough that you haven't bothered to even check on us, you are going to argue with me about how slow the service is. Needless to say I never interacted with him again as another server took over.

The excuse was - oh, we got busy and I will give the 2nd server credit for at least apologizing, but we ended up wasting more of our day here than we planned. I should have eaten at the fish and chips shop in town for 1/2 the price and 1/8 of the wait.

The only reason this restaurant got 2 stars instead of 1 star is because they have a lovely view of the water.

• Visited April 2014