“great food”

Ranked #5 of 30 Restaurants in Akaroa
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Overlooking Dailey's wharf and the Akaroa Harbour, Ma maison is one of Akaroa's hidden gems. The view speaks for itself! Set away from the hustle and bustle, our Restaurant offers a very private dining experience, one to be enjoyed and savoured.
Reviewed January 11, 2014

after a 2 and a half hour trip on the harbour with the fox 2. This was a great way to finish the day. food was awesome and staff very frendly. This would be a great place to take children as there is a playground just outside.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

We had a greta lunch and enjoyed both food and the service. The children played at the playground next to the restaurant.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Has lovely food served with attractive view of the water and iconic jetty. Has a decent kids menu and sits right next to a play park.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

This is a great restaurant in a great town. Delicious food, great view to the shore and friendly staff

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband took me to Akaroa exploring one of the beauty of local attraction in South Island of New Zealand.
It took us approximately an hour and half from Christchurch as we stopped by several times taking some beautiful shots along the way to Akaroa.
We arrived just about lunch time and all of restaurants were busy and after a recommendation from one of the restaurant we intended having meals, but ran out the menu my husband keen to have; we went to Ma Maison. It was busy as other restaurants on that particular hours, but we were lucky to have a table for two inside. The weather was a crack and the staff were very efficient providing the service.
As I have always wanted to try seafood chowder and I just got it so tasty. That was so delicious of seafood meals I have just tried ever in my life, I wouldn't mind at all to have it again. My husband also very impressed with the meals he had, blue cod fish tasted fresh and yummy.
The environment is very friendly with beautiful viewing to the beach and this is an absolutely good choice of a restaurant in Akaroa.

1  Thank ogswoman